auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2014, 11:10 pm

Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
have you been checked for glaucoma/high intraocular pressure?

Yes.

one less thing to worry about. I don't wear irlen lenses [bono recently came out about why he wears his] but I do wear hue-tinted raybans always when outdoors or in bright indoor places. wouldn't be caught dead without them.

The Irlen lenses are very different to sunglasses. When I put sunglasses on now it feels like they're obstructing my vision in some way. The Irlens are so pure. I'm not supposed to wear them in the sun because they don't filter UV rays but I really don't want to wear anything else now.
maybe you can wear them in sunlight with clip-on UV filters, that would be prudent to avoid the possibility of cataracts and MD in later years.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2014, 11:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes.

one less thing to worry about. I don't wear irlen lenses [bono recently came out about why he wears his] but I do wear hue-tinted raybans always when outdoors or in bright indoor places. wouldn't be caught dead without them.

The Irlen lenses are very different to sunglasses. When I put sunglasses on now it feels like they're obstructing my vision in some way. The Irlens are so pure. I'm not supposed to wear them in the sun because they don't filter UV rays but I really don't want to wear anything else now.
maybe you can wear them in sunlight with clip-on UV filters, that would be prudent to avoid the possibility of cataracts and MD in later years.

I've never thought about clip-ons before. That's a good idea. They wouldn't damage my glasses in any way would they? Like, they don't actually have any contact with the lense itself?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2014, 11:24 pm

Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes.

I've never thought about clip-ons before. That's a good idea. They wouldn't damage my glasses in any way would they? Like, they don't actually have any contact with the lense itself?

they just loop via little metal doohickey hook things over the top frame of your main glasses and there is between an eighth and a sixteenth of an inch clearance lens to lens.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2014, 3:13 am

My neurologist said visual snow is common in those with migraines. I have constant visual snow. I also have strabismus.