Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 5:34 pm

Apart from the seizures (I don't have epilepsy) your description sounds like pretty much how I'd react. Which is why my parents make me leave the house before they vacuum.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 7:18 pm

Hate the sound. But you gotta clean your house.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 8:52 pm

I have headset thingy, noise blocker.

Damn noise of that thing uses my mental energy.

Imagine if someone could invent a vacuum cleaner that wasnt so noisy or not noisy at all.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 3:53 am

None of that stuff really bothers me much - vacuums, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, etc. I just remind myself that the noise won't be there for very long, and distract myself by focusing on something else like reading or daydreaming until it's done.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2013, 10:52 am

WitchsCat wrote:
The only thing I don't like about vacuum cleaners is the loud noise they make. When I'm watching something on TV and the vacuum cleaner is being used, I usually turn the volume on the TV up so I can hear it better. I don't mind the use of vacuum cleaners, otherwise.

People should be polite and not vacuum while someone is trying to watch TV, or at least ask if you can go in another room for a few minutes and watch in there while they vacuum quickly.

Charles

Jamesnolan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2017, 1:21 pm

sometimes I get really annoyed with the sound . that makes me go nuts. it also suddenly makes me wake up from sound sleep.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 4:43 pm

Well, I did repair my mum's when I was a teenager. :)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 5:12 pm

Ettina wrote:
Apart from the seizures (I don't have epilepsy) your description sounds like pretty much how I'd react. Which is why my parents make me leave the house before they vacuum.

Me too.
I actually use a little broom on the carpet of my bedroom. It takes a long time, but it does the job and isn't noisy.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"