Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 2:26 am

is anyone else calmed by the sound of rain?what about a song on repeat for hours??just wondering if its only me.if you are what else calms you?if you arent,whats your alternative?im just curious.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 2:29 am

One song over and over can calm me. Not matter how violent or angry it is.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

22 Dec 2006, 2:52 am

I'm pretty calm ,living a low stress life. But yes the rain is soothing. I allways play one
song over and over. Latest has been The Cranberries' "Zombie' though anything out of
the mouth of that lead singer is soothing!

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 2:56 am

Yes, I find rain to be calming - also being under my fluffy blanket when it is raining.
I have too much stress in my life but at least there are a few things that will calm me down. Playing a song on repeat also does it for me.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 4:02 am

Yeah, I like them too.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 12:03 am

The sound of rain can sometimes be relaxing to listen to as you are trying to fall asleep.

However, what I like even more is watching the rain. I have always liked going for walks in the rain, assuming that I'm dressed so that I don't get soaked and then cold. There's something about the way the falling rain blurs your view of the surroundings that makes it enjoyable for me, though I notice it a lot less now than I did when I was a kid. I remember when I was little I used to really like the way rain looked coming down in sheets in front of the street lamp outside my house. It formed layers of glittering dots that all moved together.

The more that I write about these things the more I think I was always destined to be curious about artificially induced mood states, between this stuff about the rain, staring at blinking Christmas lights, etc. Maybe it's no wonder I'm curious about drugs now.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 12:12 am

I like going outside and listening to the rain while sitting on my driveway or something. I also like listening to the same song over and over again.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 12:56 am

I am relaxed by alot of music that's why I suck at party's lol.... while they jumping around im trying to keep myself awake...

Even music at the high I can fall asleep on, even head banging music lol

parts
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 1:05 am

Rain is extremely relaxing and calming for me. I have a skylight above my bed and can sit for hours watching and listening. Music can do it to but it's not usually just one song most of the time it's a cd I can go weeks without changing the one in my truck just letting it repeat over and over. It keeps me calm while driving

Quix
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2006, 1:57 am

I like to lay down on my back on a flat surface, in a dark room, and listen to the same song over and over again. My last favorite song was Rammstein, Ohne Dich, Under Byen Remix. After 15-30 minutes, I am completely refreshed. I've also found that it's a great way to find the solution to a tough problem in my head.

Lemmiwinks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2006, 5:34 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
I'm pretty calm ,living a low stress life. But yes the rain is soothing. I allways play one
song over and over. Latest has been The Cranberries' "Zombie' though anything out of
the mouth of that lead singer is soothing!

The Cranberries are awesome!! ! Just don't tell any of my friends I said that.

If you Like really pretty female voices that sing in rock bands. Try a now defunct rock band called "The Rocking Horse Winner". Hold on I will try to find some links so you can hear them......

http://www.equalvision.com/evr/bands.php?band_id=16

Look for the Video of "Miss You" on the bottom of the page. You might want to try Myspace too.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 2:55 am

what about piling things on you r self?i like the pressure.i pile pillows on myself when i sleep.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 3:05 am

Both things are calming for me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 3:11 am

I like reading to the sound of rain. There's nothing like snuggling up in the covers in bed reading and just listening to the rain. I often have a song going in a loop in my head, which can be calming depending on what it is.

I think new age and classical music are great for relaxation.

tweeks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2007, 3:57 am

just thinking about being somewhere warm, with rain pounding down just outside, curled up with a space heater and a chill cat next to me is enough to bring me outta this emotional slump I'm in.

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 4:30 am

The rain is both calming and a little exciting (all things I like and stim on tend to be that way). Especially that warm rain in the summer, when the drops are huge and fall rarely and you can hear them go "thud...thud....thud" on the leaves.....then all of a sudden it's a shower and the rain is falling in solid sheets. I think it's not only the rain that makes me happy, it's also many other things like watching the leaves or sidewalk shine, hearing the sound of it in the trees, the balmy scents and so on. But the sound of the rain itself definitely is soothing.

But not the fall rain that goes on and on for days, and it's all dreary and gray outside. I grow to loathe the weather at such times. It's probably got to do with my bipolar phases having a seasonal quality - the fall is when things tend to go bad, and I need a lot of sunlight so when it's been cloudy for a long time, I start feeling dull and distressed.

When I listen to music, it's usually like this - I get stuck on a single song or a couple of them, and listen to them until they lose their first fascination. That may take a few days, a few weeks or months. Then I find some other song to get fixed on. Buying an mp3 player was really a good decision; now I don't need to record special cassettes with my favorite songs to listen to, and changing songs or arranging them takes no time at all.