Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 12:36 pm

I have arranged with my psychologist to return to work today, May 2nd, because my funds are getting low and while I'd be able to pay this month's rent and bills, I'd be unable to for next month, with my current funds, so I gotta return to work sometime. I have not been to work since I started taking several consecutive FMLA days on April 24th. For most of the day everyday I would do nothing but lie in bed, with thoughts flying through my head, sometimes giving me the benefit of restful sleep, and a feeling in my stomach that I know is not stomach problems, rather the feeling, if it can be described as such, is rather akin to the constant strumming of dissonant chords. It is like the core of me has been excised and I am in agony over its loss. As my work shift is scheduled to start within the next 2 hours, this feeling continues and I lie in bed.

Can I even return to work? My ability to concentrate at work has taken its toll over the past couple months, resulting in several shifts cut short and several missed days beyond just this leave. I can't remember the last time I have worked a full 40-hour week.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 1:10 pm

The feeling of agony has left me, as a feeling of somnolence comes over me, less than an hour before my shift. Will I let myself be taken over by somnolence and show up late?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 May 2014, 1:55 pm

Good luck! :)

Have you tried applying for Disability or something?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 1:58 pm

Show up on time! LOL :wink:

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 3:27 pm

Well, since my doctor didn't send the fax and I didn't want to leave my team lead and supervisor hanging, I won't be returning to work until at least Tuesday. On Monday, I plan to bring up the topic of returning to work at my appointment with him. I am using FMLA for today and tomorrow.

ReverieMe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2014, 4:36 pm

Might be a good time for a hot cup of tea.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 5:24 am

Is it like ADHD type inability to concentrate? Cause if it is, I want to suggest Vyvanse if your dr thinks it's a good idea. It did WONDERS for my youngest son who has ADHD, but now that he's 19 and doesn't have Medicaid anymore he can't get it because it's way expensive. If you have insurance, and your doc thinks it would help, I can't say enough good things about it. He's sensitive to meds and can't stand the "speedy" feeling of regular ADHD meds, but he didn't feel anything at all from the Vyvanse.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 3:14 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Is it like ADHD type inability to concentrate? Cause if it is, I want to suggest Vyvanse if your dr thinks it's a good idea. It did WONDERS for my youngest son who has ADHD, but now that he's 19 and doesn't have Medicaid anymore he can't get it because it's way expensive. If you have insurance, and your doc thinks it would help, I can't say enough good things about it. He's sensitive to meds and can't stand the "speedy" feeling of regular ADHD meds, but he didn't feel anything at all from the Vyvanse.

It's more related to depression.

Well, I return tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

05 May 2014, 3:26 pm

I sympathize. I took FMLA once for about two months because I was having anxiety and depression issues. That was about 2 years ago or so and I was fired this past January after working there for 13 years. How I was fired and all has left me bitter and fearful of being in the same situation again to the point where I'm not looking for work until I have to, when my unemployment runs out.

I have been applying for jobs but haven't gotten anywhere so I know I will have to get a job through a temp service, I need something that gives me a foot in the door. But I hate temp services, they can be so stressful, and complicated ( a job here for two weeks, a job there for a month, another job for just a week, etc.).

My mom told me that the only thing worse than a job you don't like is no job at all. I'm not sure that's true for an autistic person though.