What part of a project do you like most?

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What stage of a project do you like most?
Planning 39%  39%  [ 24 ]
Doing 35%  35%  [ 22 ]
Result 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
I don't do projects 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 62

Monkeybuttorama
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2012, 1:35 pm

I personally prefer the planning stages, and figuring out what I'll need to do with the more complicated aspects of the project. The actual doing portion is slightly tedious to me, and the end result... ehhh.. I want it to turn out nice, of course, but that's not terribly important to me

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

I like the doing the bestest. I don't like the planning. I don't plan much. I like the doing and the result. The result is very important to me. I like to do things purrrfurrrt.

mjones490
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

I think Doing for me also.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

it depends on what it is for me. if i am doing a new website, i like to plan and set it up but then once its done i cant be bothered maintaining it.

so yeah i suppose its planning for me. the further i get on a project the more i hate it

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 2:16 pm

planning and the result

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 3:00 pm

I like "doing" the most. I don't plan ahead much and the end result isn't very important to me.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 3:46 pm

I'm not sure if knitting things counts as a project, but I chose 'Planning'. I like choosing the wool, and the needles and thinking about it. After that I like the result and the doing about the same. I get so excited planning things it's ridiculous. I have a book of patterns that I call my 'Book of Dreams'!

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 4:38 pm

The planning is more fun than actually doing it; the result is more fun than the planning.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

I enjoy every step (except presenting if necessary). I have to have a highly structured layout of the project with clearly outlined steps, which drives others nuts. I also like doing the work itself and seeing the finished product.

Monkeybuttorama
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2012, 10:39 pm

I love the information you guys have given me ^_^ I posted the same question as a poll on facebook a couple months ago, and the results were very different, with the result being the "best" aspect for most people, which made me wonder if the enjoyment of other steps was more of an AS thing (seemed like everyone just wanted to get things done, with only a few exceptions)

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:56 pm

My level of interest in a project is high during the planning stage, goes down a lot at the start of the project (almost to the point I don't get past the planning stage) and slowly rises as the project progresses. Then peaking at the end.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm

Doing. Most definitely doing. Results after that. I don't do much planning to be honest - it depends on the project of course - but I often figure it out and do it as I go.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:40 pm

Monkeybuttorama wrote:
I love the information you guys have given me ^_^ I posted the same question as a poll on facebook a couple months ago, and the results were very different, with the result being the "best" aspect for most people, which made me wonder if the enjoyment of other steps was more of an AS thing (seemed like everyone just wanted to get things done, with only a few exceptions)

:D

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:32 am

Yeah totally not a planner. I like to have everything I think I'm going to need before I start but Doing is a better part if it is following the script. Finishing is the best for it means 1 less pile of stuff to consider and when it runs/sounds/looks good it's like what witnessing the birth of a son must feel like

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 5:36 am

planning. i suck at it but still like it. if i ever get to the result part then i feel proud and tend to take pleasure in what it is i made or wrote in the case of assignments.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jun 2012, 10:32 am

I like the actual work of the project best. Planning it is fun too, but once I get into it, I have the most fun and reward. In fact once completed, I lose interest to a point. One of my special interests is collecting and restoring Diesel cars and trucks, and once I get finished repairing/restoring everything to the best possible condition, I seem to just park it in storage and there it sits, until I notice something is needing repair... Then I get it out again and work on it some more. I do drive them on a regular basis to keep them from getting bad tires and stale fuel, or rusty cooling systems, but I don't ever really use them for going anyplace. I have 6 of them all done & sharp, sitting in a building down in Los Angeles where they're safe from mice, which would destroy them here on the ranch in Ventura County.

Charles