http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/ ... e-he-could

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2015, 11:53 am

JellyCat wrote:
So sad that this has happened again. :(

Dont worry, for every insane person with autism, there are 100 'normal' people who do this.

Also, he will lose his virginity in prison very soon, i guess he got what he wanted.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:06 pm

Suncatcher wrote:
JellyCat wrote:

Dont worry, for every insane person with autism, there are 100 'normal' people who do this.

Also, he will lose his virginity in prison very soon, i guess he got what he wanted.

Yeah... Rape is not justice

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm

Seems like a douchebag who has been watching too many cop shows on TV and now has delusions of grandeur as a wannabe evil genius.

He's batshit crazy. The reason he did it isn't autism, it's craziness. There's a difference.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 1:28 pm

I'm not sure we can just chalk this up to him being a psychopath. In the letters it appears like he's trying to act tough when in reality he probably feels worthless at the core (anyone who can get so enraged about being a virgin at 17 years old has major major self esteem problems). Probably decided better to go out with a bang than kill himself, as sad as that might sound.

It's funny you read the comments, and there are still people out there who attack his intelligence as if it's relevant.

I remember at 20 it felt like the end of the world that I was still a virgin. Now I look a back and realize I was being an idiot. I understand the feeling worthless part. I don't understand hating the self so much that one feels the need to kill. But I think it is a factor in some of these killings that just don't make sense to ordinary people.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:22 pm

I'm a 40 year old virgin and I've never had a reason to kill anyone for the reason of being a virgin at any age.

I'd also like to add that this guy is crazy and he probably has an undiagnosed condition that makes him think that way.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:28 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm a 40 year old virgin and I've never had a reason to kill anyone for the reason of being a virgin at any age.

I'd also like to add that this guy is crazy and he probably has an undiagnosed condition that makes him think that way.

This, except I'm almost 25.

I don't get why people do this crap, then again people kill others for stupid crap all the time.

babpacih
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jan 2015, 2:39 pm

Wait. He stabbed 3 random people, and he had to hand a picture of himself to the police to get caught?

Police fail.

After reading some of his letters I think this guy may have something called Piquerism.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 4:45 am

While the linked article did not mention it
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-30903331
"The court heard how Moynihan has autistic spectrum disorder".

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 5:55 am

Sexual frustration has lead many people to commit unspeakable acts. I can sort of see the connection to autism in that people on the spectrum often have trouble with socialization, and thus finding sexual partners, but I don't believe people on the spectrum are any more predisposed to this sort of behavior than neurotypicals. People have done all sorts of dumb things througout human history either because they're trying to get laid, or because they're pissed off that they can't get laid.

Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 6:09 am

Sadly they'll scapegoat autism when it's not to blame.. :|

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 6:11 am

It was interesting reading the facebook comments below the article.

Quite clearly the commentators (mostly female) don't understand concepts such as mental illness, mental disorders or what makes people psychopaths.

Young men are very self-conscious about their status in society in the same way as young women. Most young girls suffer body image and eating issues due to media depictions of "ideal beauty". In the same way young men are influenced by the media to believe that you have to have sex to prove yourself as a man otherwise you are "social loser". This creates (I suspect) a feeling of low self-esteem in young men who want to have sex (because they think from television everyone else is doing it) but can't get a date. I imagine in some men (such as the young 19 yr old autistic man in the article) this feeling leads to sexual frustration and couple this with poor executive control and you have a man who is very high risk of lashing out/externalizing his frustrations.

I'm in no way supporting what he did, but am disappointed that sexual frustration in young men seems to be ignored in psychological circles as a major social issue whereas eating disorders in young girls are considered fashionable/topical for research. There seems to be a taboo with dealing with young men's mental health in relation to sex?

Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 6:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
It was interesting reading the facebook comments below the article.

Quite clearly the commentators (mostly female) don't understand concepts such as mental illness, mental disorders or what makes people psychopaths.

Young men are very self-conscious about their status in society in the same way as young women. Most young girls suffer body image and eating issues due to media depictions of "ideal beauty". In the same way young men are influenced by the media to believe that you have to have sex to prove yourself as a man otherwise you are "social loser". This creates (I suspect) a feeling of low self-esteem in young men who want to have sex (because they think from television everyone else is doing it) but can't get a date. I imagine in some men (such as the young 19 yr old autistic man in the article) this feeling leads to sexual frustration and couple this with poor executive control and you have a man who is very high risk of lashing out/externalizing his frustrations.

I'm in no way supporting what he did, but am disappointed that sexual frustration in young men seems to be ignored in psychological circles as a major social issue whereas eating disorders in young girls are considered fashionable/topical for research. There seems to be a taboo with dealing with young men's mental health in relation to sex?

People tend to forget how these kinds of serious self esteem issues can be brought up by a long history of rejection from peers, bullying, abuse, poor parenting, among other things. It's so much easier for those looking from the outside to scapegoat mental illness rather than take a good look at what brought up this person to become a monster to begin with.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 6:40 am

JellyCat wrote:

God, I really hope that this doesn't get blamed on autism.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 7:31 am

Another example of why GB needs stronger knife-control laws.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 10:39 am

cyberdad wrote:

Not sure why you worded it like this... Gender has nothing to do with an individual's grasp on mental illness.