I feel sorry for people with Aspergers/Autism

Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 11:44 am

IBeatAutism wrote:
If i could i would take all of your autism and give you my Neurotypical Brain. I am truly hurting for you.

Well, spare yourself the pity party, our lives aren't quite the living hell you imagine them to be, and I for one wouldn't take your smug, condescending brain on a dare (chances are better than even most of us have higher IQs than you anyway).

Yes, having more sensory neuroreceptors than you can be a burden at times, but just imagine the things you will never experience - the sounds and sights that go by you that you will never notice, because your senses are too dull. And oh, the hours you will waste in pointless gadfly socializing, when you could be feeding that self-satisfied empty brain of yours with information.

Its a load of toil and struggle, to be sure, tolerating thick-headed common folk like yourself, but somehow we muddle through, knowing there are worse disabilities we could have been saddled with - like being so dense the best use one can find for their feeble brain is trolling people one mistakenly deems inferior to oneself on the Internet.

Have a nice day, and don't forget to wear your helmet.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 11:45 am

I think this person is a troll. I don't wish to be "normal". The more I see how "normal" people act, the happier I am that I am not. I don't need anyone's pity, sincere or otherwise. If you must pity me, it should be for all the times I was unhappy, mistreated and bullied because I was not allowed to be who I am. It is because I'm allowed to now that I'm happy.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 11:47 am

I feel sincerely deep pity and sadness for the OP. She is clearly going to be ripped a new one.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 11:48 am

IBeatAutism wrote:
They will have a very hard time enjoying life. Your brain is basically not functioning the way it is supposed to be. I can only Imagine the complete cluelessness and Extreme difficulty you will have interacting with people (including even your own family members) and the social isolation and depression that results. I can only Imagine how hard it would be for you to manage having a Job, A social life, and maybe even a girlfriend/boyfriend. When your brain cannot even comprehend "Normal Reality". I can only Imagine how Desperately you wish you were normal. How you desperately wants friends, a girlfriend, how you desperately wish you could be normal even just for a single day.
I can only Imagine the embarressment in life.

I can only Imagine the extreme ego that may result as a defence mechanism of the condistion. And its not any of your faults.

You are "forced"into being that way, if i could I would relieve all of you of your suffering. If i could i would take all of your autism and give you my Neurotypical Brain. I am truly hurting for you.

Shoot I was going to highlight and quote specific passages of your rude message and point out how it could not have been meant for "just the people it applies to" but the whole thing is absurd and ridiculous. Obviously you posted this to offend us and to get a rise out of us. You need to get a life and leave us alone. Oh, and it's you that I feel sorry for. Not myself.

IBeatAutism
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2015, 11:50 am

nyxjord wrote:
IBeatAutism wrote:
They will have a very hard time enjoying life. Your brain is basically not functioning the way it is supposed to be. I can only Imagine the complete cluelessness and Extreme difficulty you will have interacting with people (including even your own family members) and the social isolation and depression that results. I can only Imagine how hard it would be for you to manage having a Job, A social life, and maybe even a girlfriend/boyfriend. When your brain cannot even comprehend "Normal Reality". I can only Imagine how Desperately you wish you were normal. How you desperately wants friends, a girlfriend, how you desperately wish you could be normal even just for a single day.

I can only Imagine the extreme ego that may result as a defence mechanism of the condistion. And its not any of your faults.

You are "forced"into being that way, if i could I would relieve all of you of your suffering. If i could i would take all of your autism and give you my Neurotypical Brain. I am truly hurting for you.

Shoot I was going to highlight and quote specific passages of your rude message and point out how it could not have been meant for "just the people it applies to" but the whole thing is absurd and ridiculous. Obviously you posted this to offend us and to get a rise out of us. You need to get a life and leave us alone. Oh, and it's you that I feel sorry for. Not myself.
i didnt mean to be rude. sorry if i offended you. People make mistakes sometimes dont they? Sorry for the generalization. I didnt know you guys were legitimently happy. Sorry then.

So maybe I have to type "only to who this applies"? Sorry

IBeatAutism
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2015, 11:55 am

MollyTroubletail wrote:
I feel sincerely deep pity and sadness for the OP. She is clearly going to be ripped a new one.

Yes I was ripped a new one. Wow. Sorry I offended so many people wow. Im i not allowed to make a mistake?

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2015, 12:02 pm

I feel sorry for people who feel the need to come onto a forum to anonymously denigrate others simply to satisfy their own self-esteem.

I'm not sure the brain of such a person could be considered in any way "normal".

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm

Welcome to WP! Now you know not to make generalizations or act like you are better than the rest of us. :D

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 12:04 pm

IBeatAutism wrote:

Thanks!

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 12:05 pm

That was the strangest post I've ever seen. :lol:

IBeatAutism
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
IBeatAutism wrote:

Thanks!
thats all i wanted.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm

I don't want a neurotypical brain, and I do not despretely wish to be normal....if my brain was supposed to function neurotypically I would have been born neurotypical. Granted there are some difficulties in interacting with people, sensory sensitivity and well plenty of things but its not all bad. Also some people on the spectrum can hold jobs...I myself am not working and have SSI, but I also have mental conditions in addition to the autism. But a big barrier to jobs is employers being unwilling to hire anyone who's not a bubbly social butterfly. If society was more welcoming to people with different neurologies or mental conditions and better at providing proper support/accommodations it would not be as much of an issue.

Quite frankly I do not think someone turning my brain 'neurotypical' would make me feel better about myself or reduce the mental health issues I have...then I'd just be a neurotypical with PTSD, Depression and Generalized Anxiety rather than an autistic person with those. I'd also still have all my memories....also I figure it would be difficult trying to operate a drastically different brain. I also don't really have much of an extreme ego...and I have friends and family I hang out with.

Some how I get the impression this is trolling rather than genuine concern...Or do you really think being neurotypical is what makes you happy in your life, so you assume it would be the same for us?

IBeatAutism
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm

nyxjord wrote:
Welcome to WP! Now you know not to make generalizations or act like you are better than the rest of us. :D
I dont see where in my post that said "I am better than you"

IBeatAutism
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2015, 12:10 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't want a neurotypical brain, and I do not despretely wish to be normal....if my brain was supposed to function neurotypically I would have been born neurotypical. Granted there are some difficulties in interacting with people, sensory sensitivity and well plenty of things but its not all bad. Also some people on the spectrum can hold jobs...I myself am not working and have SSI, but I also have mental conditions in addition to the autism. But a big barrier to jobs is employers being unwilling to hire anyone who's not a bubbly social butterfly. If society was more welcoming to people with different neurologies or mental conditions and better at providing proper support/accommodations it would not be as much of an issue.

Quite frankly I do not think someone turning my brain 'neurotypical' would make me feel better about myself or reduce the mental health issues I have...then I'd just be a neurotypical with PTSD, Depression and Generalized Anxiety rather than an autistic person with those. I'd also still have all my memories....also I figure it would be difficult trying to operate a drastically different brain. I also don't really have much of an extreme ego...and I have friends and family I hang out with.

Some how I get the impression this is trolling rather than genuine concern...Or do you really think being neurotypical is what makes you happy in your life, so you assume it would be the same for us?
This obviously doesnt apply to you at all and yes there has to be atleast 1 person her who would be happier if they were neurotypical.

Last edited by IBeatAutism on 08 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

IBeatAutism wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
IBeatAutism wrote:

Thanks!
thats all i wanted.

Except that we don't want your brain. We don't want your pity, your sympathy, your help and we especially don't want your brain. Your being neurotypical is not what makes you happy. It's your life and everything involved in it. I am diagnosed as Autism and I have a successful job, get good grades in school, am engaged to be married and I have a wonderful family. Your brain's wiring does not dictate whether you will be happy or have any other mental illnesses... so no thanks to everything you are offering And no, it was just implied, by your words of among other things "I am truly hurting for you." That's great, but we are not even hurting for ourselves. Take your pity ELSEWHERE!

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

I notice that the OP name is "IBeatAutism". If that's true? then show us how you did it.