Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

schots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2015, 7:16 pm

I wanted to find a reason for my anxiety, I found it... I was diagnosed with aspergers (UK, ICD-10) last week. I was diagnosed via the ADOS assessment. To be honest I wasn't really expecting to be diagnosed, I just thought I had a few autistic traits and anxiety issues. It turns out that I scored quite high on the ADOS, though i know this doesn't really mean anything as this the decision is also based on the psychologists experience, and he was sure that I had aspergers!

I guess looking back i did do a few peculiar things during the assessment:

The task where he asked me to describe how to brush my teeth - I think I remember saying "you want me to explain temperature?"

The bit where he takes an intentional break, then tries to engage with you to see if you will make small chat. I asked if it was a test, he said no, so I asked to go to the toilet. lol.

And finally, he asked "if i could share a house with anyone who would it be?" It felt like an eternity before I came up with Tayolr Swift! Then he said something like "and what would you do?" I said "make her pay half my rent!"

So yeah, back to the point.

I have tried CBT for my anxiety, it wasn't successful.
I was on citalopram (celexa), this turned me into a zombie and I was sleeping all the time. I refused to take any drugs after that.

I do some exercise but I am hypermobile/weak joints so end up injuring myself a lot and I can't do it regularly enough to make it sustainable option, though it does help.

The psychologists that done the ADOS said drugs where a serious option to consider:

Can anyone recommend me any good drugs?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 5:49 pm

LOL....I'm sure the therapist knew you were joking in reference to Taylor Swift and sharing the rent.

If he didn't, then he/she has problems!

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 9:58 pm

I hate waking up with Taylor Swift ear-worms. They make me grind my teeth.
:x

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 7:16 pm

olympiadis wrote:
I hate waking up with Taylor Swift ear-worms. They make me grind my teeth.
:x

What do you mean by ear-worms? A metaphor?
EDIT: OK, just found it on the Web, it means irritating catchy songs.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jun 2015, 1:56 am

You could try Buspar for your anxiety. It's the only med specially for anxiety instead of being antidepressants, antipsychotics or sedative like benzodiazepines. It's only approved for the physical symptoms of anxiety but some including me found it helps with the mental as well. I didn't notice any side-effects after I was on it abit & the side-effects I did notice were very minor.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

schots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

@kraftiekortie The funny thing was I wasn't joking! My brain just froze and I think I went into default thrifty Scotsman mode, it was the first thing that popped into my head!

@olympiadis Yeah i'm not really a Taylor swift fan but I will admit she does make catchy pop music.

nick007 wrote:
You could try Buspar for your anxiety. It's the only med specially for anxiety instead of being antidepressants, antipsychotics or sedative like benzodiazepines. It's only approved for the physical symptoms of anxiety but some including me found it helps with the mental as well. I didn't notice any side-effects after I was on it abit & the side-effects I did notice were very minor.

Thanks nick I will have to have a look at Burspar.

Rossor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jun 2015, 9:52 am

I suffer from anxiety as well so I take Fluoxetine tablets and they have helped me quite a lot.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 10:21 am

Rossor wrote:
I suffer from anxiety as well so I take Fluoxetine tablets and they have helped me quite a lot.

How big is your daily dose?

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

I dated Taylor Swift for a little bit but she turned out to be clingy and needy and narcissistic so I left her. She wrote this song about me. She totally lies, I wasn't begging for her love again. She was begging ME to come back.

Rossor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

olympiadis wrote:
Rossor wrote:

How big is your daily dose?

Two tablets a day

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2015, 5:18 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I dated Taylor Swift for a little bit but she turned out to be clingy and needy and narcissistic so I left her. She wrote this song about me. She totally lies, I wasn't begging for her love again. She was begging ME to come back.

I didn't get that. I don't think you dated Taylor Swift..

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 7:59 pm

Adamantus wrote:

I didn't get that. I don't think you dated Taylor Swift..

Yah man I totally dated Taylor Swift. My name is Taylor Lautner, maybe you've heard of me?

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 8:09 pm

I tease other people with little philosophical stylized comments, which usually take a few minutes to take effect?

Here's an example: I can control awkwardness. But I can't control electricity.