Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

derek
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2007, 7:33 pm

does anyone else hallucinate while completely sober? I can just look at things for 30 seconds and see them morph, move, and crawl just as if I was tripping.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:39 pm

Only when I am really tired...or stoned..

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2007, 7:42 pm

These are hallucinations? 8O

I always thought it was a side effect of sensory issues or somethin like that... :?

I have this too.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:45 pm

Likho wrote:
These are hallucinations? 8O

I always thought it was a side effect of sensory issues or somethin like that... :?

I have this too.

I believe it is.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:58 pm

derek wrote:
does anyone else hallucinate while completely sober? I can just look at things for 30 seconds and see them morph, move, and crawl just as if I was tripping.

The last few times I did acid,I couldnt "come down" and ended up having to go to the emergency ward to get some anti-psychotic meds,which brought me back to normal(which isnt very normal)....the DRs told me that some people never "come back" and end up unable to function....I met one like this in a psych ward once..thought he was Jesus(not very original),something to keep in mind when embibing.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 8:33 pm

derek wrote:

Does it happens anytime you want?

Sometimes I hear noises like someone was calling me or I hear music when I am in bed in a state between being awake and sleeping, but that must be normal I think.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

03 May 2007, 9:17 pm

no, after a heavy nite of drinking the next day i usually do though

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

03 May 2007, 9:19 pm

Everything around me breathes as I breathe especially if I'm tired. I also see these shiney bright silvery white speckles in the air like its raining glitter sometimes. I also see things out of the corner of my eye a lot, like a flash of light but when I turn its not there. I used to think it was hullucinations or my mind playing tricks on me but my cats always turn torwards it too and react the same like they saw it. I think they're on my wave link.

Ever heard of Alice in Wonderland syndrome? Its a real neuro thing. I had it for a couple months after a head injury, quite bizzare. I was looking at a quarter in my hand and it looked huge, then I looked around and everything looked huge. I was standing in a laundrymat. I ran out of there. Then I spoke to my neurologist and he explained it to me.

Speaking of Alice in Wonderland- the cartoon disney version from the 50's is the best movie ever.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 10:08 pm

Yes! Certain patterns seem to do it more than others. I had never seen it before, but several months ago however, I started seeing tiles shift in the floor and things move and wave. The brick wall in the study room literally looked like it was melting, to the point I couldn't use the study room anymore because it was so intense.

Also, I see many 2 dimensional images in 3d, especially things with bright contrasting colors like advertisements, but sometimes it is just family photos. It literally looks like I am wearing 3d glasses to the point that sometimes I can't even tell a good hologram picture is a hologram--I just assume its a normal photo because normal photos I can perceive depth in. I notice it less than I used to because it started very suddenly about 2 and a half years ago and now I've gotten used to it. When it first happened it was actually really cool.

I have also noticed that the intensity of these things change---some days everything is extremely trippy, the next its normal. On trippy days colors look so intense they look like they are glowing. I mean, just the orange on a persons shirt looks like its pulsating. Highlighter marker comes of the page and flashes as I shift my eyes.

Also, the rug in the library I only recently noticed looked strange---I had always looked at it and it had always seemed really intense, but it only hit me recently that other people must look down and just see a big carpet. I see this intense thing of pulsing light, with lines of the design shooting down and back. I know this all sounds really extreme the way I'm writing it, its really is not quite as intense as writing it may seem, but it can be very intense at times. Most of the time I don't think much about any of this stuff.

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 10:22 pm

Sometimes I hear things. Not voices thankfully, just wierd noises that are out of place and can't find the source of.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 10:38 pm

I tend to hear voices calling my name. Serious.

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 10:41 pm

Welll..... I said I didn't hear voices, but I used to hear my name called alot too.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 11:22 pm

I hear my name called.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 11:26 pm

me too..since i was a kid..it freaks me out.
Once I was about 7, walking to school, and I heard a tiny male voice asking me why I was so sad...
and I WAS sad...it sounded like it was coming from the garden behind the fence I was walking next to...all it did was serve to solidify my belief in fairies at that time.

Sometimes I will be half asleep and hear someone call me....it will wake me up.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 11:36 pm

Nahh....I know Schitzophrenics....not as bad as them...

Grimbling
Raven
Raven

04 May 2007, 12:40 am

If you'd asked me a month ago, I'd have said I never hallucinated in my life.

Just recently, though, I've started to see thins - like the white floor tiles with black grout in between in the bathroom will look like they're bulging up or down, like the floor is rubber and someone's poking it from below. Or the texture on the walls will look like it's swimming around.

I've noticed other Aspie-related things are worse than normal for me at the moment - my co-ordination is shot, I'm easily distracted, and a lot more sensitive to sensory overload. Maybe I'm going through a period of Enhanced Aspiness? 8O