Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2019, 6:53 pm

Anyone achieved this in their general day to day living? (without the help of the drug pushers in white coats)

Sometimes my life seems to be jumping from one fear to another, with an underlying sense of dread! Sometimes i wonder is it an aspie thing or is it me?

Looking for some positive stories..

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 8:14 pm

I think that peace of mind is about half genetic. I built mine up through meditation, but then lost most of it through PTSD, and over-stimulation from screens.
These are also extremely turbulent times for civilization.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 8:42 pm

I don't think you are alone among aspies in regards to feeling constant anxiety/fear and so on. There are a bunch of things that helps me tone it down, including meditation, playing music to the point where I am totally wrapped up in it. My work, when there is a crisis, ironically, is also when I become very calm and just do the things that have to be done. I think the anxiety recedes during a crisis in an area in which I am competent because I know what to do and just do it.

What has been the most successful for me is a bit tricky to explain, but... the anxiety doesn't disappear, but it doesn't matter. Now that I think about it, it is a bit like the chronic pain I have. Basically I am never free of pain, but most of it has gone to background and does not particularly affect me on a day to day basis. Kind of like the noises the refrigerator makes...it is loud and bothersome (our current frig is a noisy sob), but even that noise goes to background.

And if the anxiety is so high that none of those work, I nap until it gets better again. :D

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2019, 9:05 pm

You have fibromyalgia?

I use music to soothe and play a bit too.

My latest full blown anxiety/ panic is the fear of losing that appreciation of music due to the cocktail of ototoxic drugs I have been on for 9 years. Just full on cold blood running fear. Its flavour of the week, it might be something else the next..

I have got to get off the caffeine, doctor google and falling into the trap of not living in present! Its a total obsession to the point where i cant function as a normal human being like cleaning the house or self care.

At some point something flips and I stop worrying so I am holding on that. Maybe i think "thats enough mental torture for a life time"

Yes screen time definitely causes anxiety, its a trigger for eating junk food for me which soothes that one. Best thing i did was limit. to 20 mins at a time and then do someing else for a bit.