Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2017, 7:24 am

Does anyone who has Aspergers have a feeling of not being motivated? When it comes to doing things, like cleaning, cooking, trying to figure out what to do with your life, etc, are you ever in the mood to do it? Do you put time aside to actually get things done or is the motivation of crossing things off your "to do" list just not there?

I thought that since I moved out on my own, I would be motivated to get things done and be able to living independently. I thought living on my own for the first time would make me want to more outgoing and get things done since I had a place of my own, things like get a job, make friends, cook every day, but since I moved, its like I just don't care. I don't have anyone over to hang out so why clean. I have a hard time finding a job so why keep looking. I'm not a people person so why go out and socialize. I don't know if its depression or if its just a part of having Aspergers.

If it doesn't benefit me in the end then why do it? Why work at a job when I know I'm never going to move up in the company? Why keep my place clean when nobody comes over? Why cook when I'll be the only one eating it?

Does anyone feel like if there's no reason to do something then why do it? Do you feel like you lost all motivation?

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2017, 10:30 am

It's my life exactly. If you're like me, your motivation may spike very occasionally and get you started on something, but you seldom complete it.

I don't think it's Aspergers directly, but possibly a comobrid condition such as Depression or ADD.

Do you ever find that you're impulsive and unable to sacrifice instant gratification for long term goals? In other words, being unable to avoid doing what feels good now, as you know it's detrimental in the long run?