Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 2:04 am

How are you with animals? I've always loved them because I feel like I can't really talk to people.

To be honest, as idiotic as this sounds, I've been searching for another intelligent creature that I can befriend, like another primate or an elephant, something really intelligent but not human you know? I'm sick of humans but I, like most humans, get lonely, and I want a friend that isn't human. Weird desire but you know, it happens. And I'm not talking dogs but a Dog would be nice, my dog kind of dislikes me I think. Hehe, idk.

Turns out cross species relationships are quite common in captivity and less so in the wild (but they still happen) and they happen extremely often amongst humans, considering pets. However, be warned, I'm not talking romantic relationship cause that is demented, I'm just talking a normal friendship with something or someone that ISNT human. An alien species would do, I'm just tired of talking to damn people.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 3:02 am

coral has never sassed me, they are very good listeners.

platyhelminths are something else entirely. they..."flutter" away in the middle of conversation...not to mention they have very flat personalities.

jellyfish are just so damn thin skinned, though. i hate it. they take everything as a stinging insult.

i was friends with an albatross in 6th grade and i used to go to his house to play super smash bros. i sometimes let him win, though, just because he was such a soar loser.

i used to like cats more than dogs as a kid....that has since reversed itself.
i think it is better that my dog julie does not understand my words. :heart:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2017, 3:14 am

I too often get sick of humans and feel I get along better with animals. I was lucky to have the opportunity to work with a number of primates a while back. One of those I consider to be among the most meaningful relationships I've ever had. I miss him more than most of the human friends I've lost over the years.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 5:57 am

Trekkie83 wrote:
I too often get sick of humans and feel I get along better with animals. I was lucky to have the opportunity to work with a number of primates a while back. One of those I consider to be among the most meaningful relationships I've ever had. I miss him more than most of the human friends I've lost over the years.

If you don't mind me asking what job was that? I am looking for jobs and I want to work with animals. I could easily become a doctor but I'm not sure if I want to do that. Too many people. The rest is secret...

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 10:15 am

I have been an animal lover since I was a child. Cats are my particular favorite. I have had many animals, cats and dogs, throughout my life. They all leave a definite pawprint on my heart.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 10:18 am

I've always been fascinated by insects, and to a lesser extent animals in general. I tend to get along with pets, and once, while I was meditating out in the forest, a wild badger passed by me within touching distance.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2017, 10:53 am

Always great with animals :) from hens to horses. As a kid I could imitate so many sounds that animals would get plain confused (I used to set off roosters in the area for fun with my rooster sound :D ). My gran's hens let me stroke them and hold them and sometimes pecked my bracelet while looking at me curiously :)
I befriended one horse in the village too, whenever I called her name (I made it up) she came running towards me and I could pat her on the head or feed her apples.

My life is full of lovely animal stories - some about lizards, wild mice, insects (one about a cricket - I used to make the exact cricket sound using a moving metal ring on a watch... cricket was always responding :) and I was trying to figure out where he was hiding), cats, birds... I have 2 guinea pigs and 2 gerbils at home too. Animals are amazing, no need to impress them or even talk to them much, they just always liked me and trusted me.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
coral has never sassed me, they are very good listeners.

platyhelminths are something else entirely. they..."flutter" away in the middle of conversation...not to mention they have very flat personalities.

jellyfish are just so damn thin skinned, though. i hate it. they take everything as a stinging insult.

i was friends with an albatross in 6th grade and i used to go to his house to play super smash bros. i sometimes let him win, though, just because he was such a soar loser.

i think it is better that my dog julie does not understand my words. :heart:

:lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 11:14 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

Complete opposite for me , I grew up around a lot of dogs and considered myself more a dog person. Due to being allergic to cats I always got ill when I played with them, until I met a hypoallergenic cat and then my loyalty switched :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

honeymiel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2017, 12:03 pm

I really love animals because they're simple and innocent. My favourites are giraffes and quokkas and my cat.

If you think your dog hates you, try owning a cat! :D

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 12:20 pm

One day, I think they'll start calling me the Birdman of Seattle. I rarely spend time with people; instead, I like to feed the various birds around here. At the mall, I feed black crows and seagulls. At a lake, I feed ducks, coons and Canadian geese as well as crows and seagulls. Just to have the birds flocking around me gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 5:09 pm

I love reading everybody's pet stories! I believe that animals aren't just a special interest. They are a lifeline in hard times and a life enhancer in good times. They are the best things in life. Studies show that cat videos are good for you-as if I needed a study to confirm that! They're cute as well!

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 5:12 pm

IstominFan wrote:
I love reading everybody's pet stories! I believe that animals aren't just a special interest. They are a lifeline in hard times and a life enhancer in good times. They are the best things in life. Studies show that cat videos are good for you-as if I needed a study to confirm that! They're cute as well!

I agree with you. My dog was the best thing that ever happened to me.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 1:06 am

Turtles!! They are more relatable than they seem!! They know how to tell me when they are hungry and they understand their names. They also seem to distinguish me over the rest of family.
I am allergic to dogs and all dogs hate me. I also dislike horses, not only because one ran me into a pond, but because when they poop, they don't stop.
I like cats and play with the cat who lives in the apartment above my grandmother. Cats always seem to understand.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 1:32 am

I'm very good with animals. I feel more connected to them than I do people. An animal can't betray you the same way that a person can.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:35 am

honeymiel wrote:
I really love animals because they're simple and innocent. My favourites are giraffes and quokkas and my cat.

If you think your dog hates you, try owning a cat! :D

I had to google quokkas as Ive never heard of them :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard