Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tader
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2018, 1:18 pm

whats your experience with it? i take 100mg before bed, and i dont like it it makes me oversleep and tired all day

EyeDash
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2018, 11:17 pm

I've been on Seroquel before. It made me physically lethargic and slowed my mental processes. At any dose, it reduced my anxiety by about the same amount that it reduced my ability to cope with the anxiety, so it didn't really produce a net benefit. It more or less just shuts everything down equally. Like you I would oversleep and be groggy all day. I have taken it with benzodiazepines like diazepam or alprazolam, and this increases its effect by a very large amount. Benzodiazepines by themselves reduced my anxiety and inhibition without making me really groggy, but they are pretty addictive and when you withdraw from them the anxiety shoots way up. I've been on other antipsychotics for anxiety and they all produce about the same effects as Seroquel. In my case I found them not to be useful.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 12:39 am

I tried some generic form of it for anxiety, but it just felt like an anti-histimine on steroids which doesn't help my anxiety. I have had seasonal allergies since I was a kid and have taken anti-histimine medication for that....but it always made my head feel fuzzy the serquel like drug was like that but worse.