How to Deal with Not Having Many Friends

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

pmccully
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2017, 6:51 am

I really don't know how to come on to weak or to strong. It seems I am doing one and then the other extreme at all times. Also most people who are out already seem to be in a little social group of their own and are not looking to see if anyone is randomly talking to people.

futuresoldier1944
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2017, 10:16 am

Stoic0209 wrote:
My only true friend is my younger brother, who I'm pretty sure is also on the spectrum with me. We just click with each other. We didn't really when we were younger, but now our interests and everything just line up so well.

My other true friend was my ex-fiancee, who I was together with for 5 years, but that was before I found out I had ASD, and due to a lot of things between us, we went our seperate ways. She was probably one of the few people outside my family that came close to understanding me.

I'm an only child. But I always wish that I would have had a brother(s). If I had a brother(s), then I believe that we would be the best of friends and he (or they) would make my life a whole lot happier and easier.

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

26 May 2017, 7:51 am

Ah, being an only child must have been tough.

I have 3 brothers. 1 has kind of disowned me and my younger brother due to outbursts we previously had from our ASD, and he didn't want us around his daughter.

My other younger brother doesn't seem to be on the spectrum, and just doesn't hand around us too much. Our family pretty much fractured when we all grew up. Maybe having a brother would make things different, and maybe not, it all depends.

enbalmed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2017, 8:27 am

futuresoldier1944 wrote:
Stoic0209 wrote:
My only true friend is my younger brother, who I'm pretty sure is also on the spectrum with me. We just click with each other. We didn't really when we were younger, but now our interests and everything just line up so well.

My other true friend was my ex-fiancee, who I was together with for 5 years, but that was before I found out I had ASD, and due to a lot of things between us, we went our seperate ways. She was probably one of the few people outside my family that came close to understanding me.

I'm an only child. But I always wish that I would have had a brother(s). If I had a brother(s), then I believe that we would be the best of friends and he (or they) would make my life a whole lot happier and easier.

The grass is always greener on the other side though: my brother is fine and all, but I haven't actually spoken with him in years, and we were never really that close to begin with, he just lives in a totally different culture to me.