Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2017, 2:08 am

I got make fun of for having a weird voice (and a little praise) in the past and when I listen to myself on recording, I am like oh man that is my voice? damn. Idk if this is because I have Aspergers, some people think its an accent

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2017, 2:35 am

I talk like a pirate, if that counts.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2017, 2:42 am

is that on purpose or natural?

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2017, 2:49 am

KanyeWestFan wrote:
is that on purpose or natural?

Entirely natural.

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 3:02 am

My voice is high and can be difficult to understand. It sounds lower to me, except when played back on a video. I sound impaired to myself when I talk then...and it even used to seem like random sounds to me, not sentences! No wonder people still ask, "What?".

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 3:14 am

I do the same thing when I play back my voice. I hope I don't end up cringing into oblivion when I start twitch streaming. D:

Lumi wrote:
My voice is high and can be difficult to understand. It sounds lower to me, except when played back. I sound impaired to myself when I talk then...and it even used to seem like random sounds to me, not sentences!

You mean like monotone low? I used to be pretty monotone but there is like voice training you can do, it's a bit confusing though but the outcome does usually make things a bit better when you have it at the desired range. I still sound like I'm a lot younger for my age though. People have to do a double take when I say my actual age lol.

liveandrew wrote:

Mate, if you sound like a pirate in Cornwall I must sound even worse to foreigners, I always thought Cornwall accents were posh. Though I don't really have a Mancunian accent, it's more of a mix of Yorkshire/Scottish.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 3:23 am

I'm extremely monotone and super mellow-sounding. IOW, I make people fall asleep. I've been asked about an accent before, too.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2017, 3:27 am

Lunella wrote:
liveandrew wrote:

Mate, if you sound like a pirate in Cornwall I must sound even worse to foreigners, I always thought Cornwall accents were posh. Though I don't really have a Mancunian accent, it's more of a mix of Yorkshire/Scottish.

Posh? Er, no. Maybe some of the younger kids are losing their accents and the people who move down here obviously don't have a Cornish accent to start with, but a Cornish accent is very definitely not posh :) A reasonable discussion of the Cornish accent:

I'm proud to say my 15-year-old daughter has even more of an accent than me!

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 4:21 am

^ Hahaha fair enough.
It still sounds posh to me though but that's cause they pronounce more words properly compared to up here. I don't even think people are capable of pronouncing their T's, N's and I's properly here lol.

It definitely sounds like Brit countryside kinda accent though, a tinge similar to Norwich.
Cheers for the vid though.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 4:46 am

I recorded myself reading from a list of words once. Some said I had a nice and or cute sounding voice. I thought it sounded mechanical, forced and struggling. But not too bad considering they said I'd probably never speak at all.

Edogawa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2017, 5:06 am

In relation to the subject's issue, I have a similar voice that Temperance Brennan from Bones show (in male obiously).

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 5:57 am

I've been told that I talk with soft, low ("for a girl") voice and with a monotone. Also been told that I pronounce words slowly and can seem somewhat laboured, as if I'm a foreigner. This has led people to ask if I know another language better than English, which I don't.

When I was 10, there was an 8 year old who thought I was a boy pretending to be a girl because my voice sounds low.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 7:29 am

I've never liked my voice. I always thought that it was too high pitched for a guy. When I myself hear my voice, I think it's fine. But when it goes on audio, I start to have self confidence issues.

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2017, 7:46 am

I hate the sound of my own voice. It's not super high, but it sounds whiny and annoying... to me, at least. I think I tend to speak more slowly than most people, although years of living in Tennessee have almost certainly shaved off any of my native New England clipped speech patterns and slowed me down some.

Other than those peculiarities, I think my speech is somewhat average. I don't usually speak in a stereotypically monotone voice, except perhaps when I'm really tired.

My Official Facebook Page

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 10:00 am

The Unleasher wrote:
But when it goes on audio, I start to have self confidence issues.

Yep , I thought there is nothing wrong with my voice until I hear it recorded , then the questions start - Do I really sound like that to others , Why does my voice sound so different on a recording , why does my brain change what my voice sounds lke etc

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

My voice is a disaster, which is one of the reasons why I dislike speaking so much.
I have very little control over it and it's all over the place. It also sounds consciously forced, as if I'm forcing it out - because I am. Speech pathology playback is always awful. I'm getting something done about this soon though - I'm hopeful!