Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BusinessCat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

Hi I'm asperger and very sensitive to movies. I always panic and stress when there is a dead body in the movie, or when there are ignored dead. I don't like gore and I feel very bad after seeing that. I can't even put in my head that it's just a movie and it's not real but just actors playing.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

20 Mar 2017, 12:06 pm

I understand. I am very sensitive to violence in movies. I don't watch the screen. It used to be worse and made me feel really bad. I also can't watch movies where kids die or are in danger. It is so disturbing to me.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 12:23 pm

They can be a bit too much, sometimes. Everyone has their triggers: things that just don't sit well with us. :/ I react similarly when exposed to suicide themes in films. I remember having to watch a few scenes from some film in an English class back in high school depicting a young man hanging himself, (seriously, what a great class subject!) Everyone else didn't even bat an eyelid but I had to get out of there immediately. I actually ran outside of the school itself with a teacher running after me. Hit a bit too close to home, that one.