What's the stupidest thing you've ever did?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

97AlanD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2017, 3:23 am

When I was in sixth grade at my orchestra concert, they said sixth grade fiddler's walk on stage. I got the sixth grade fiddler's mistaken for the sixth grade orchestra. Luckily one of the kids on stage told me to get off. The sixth grade fiddler's were a side project of the sixth grade orchestra that people in my orchestra had the option to join. Is there any kind of disability that can be associated with a situation like this other than autism?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:39 am

i went to a national park in croatia, by myself and decided to arrive too late...i couldn't see very much before it got dark and 99% of civilization vacated and i was left scrambling for a way out. that was pretty dumb. and dangerous considering i was 6200 miles from everyone i knew.

when my dad's grandmother died and he was on the phone hearing the news, i picked up on the other line and started mocking it, yelling and uttering nonsense into it. that was before i knew what the call was about. i was 8.

97AlanD wrote:
Is there any kind of disability that can be associated with a situation like this other than autism?

doubt it. sounds like generic confusion due to lack of sufficient information...no need to affix a disability to it, really. being 11 kinda sucks all on it's own.

that doesn't sound all that stupid, either. :idea:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:25 am

Using a stanley knife, I made a deep incision into my wrist when I was 22. I was extremely lucky that the damage was only superficial.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:21 am

When I was 19 I got really drunk and broadcast an old sex education record over the university's security radio channel. I was caught.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

97AlanD wrote:
Is there any kind of disability that can be associated with a situation like this other than autism?
I have only attended main stream schools and my experience is that there are a lot of kids who misunderstand and/or don't pay sufficient attention to the information given. I was one of those who usually got things like that right the first time around. Autism has little to do with such misunderstandings IME.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

Probably when I tested out the sharpness of a razor blade on my index finger. I slashed it pretty bad and the tip has always been numb since then.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm

You guys seem to be pretty young and the mistakes you make in youth are no biggie. I won't mention the big stupid life changing mistakes I've made.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:52 pm

burnt_orange wrote:
You guys seem to be pretty young and the mistakes you make in youth are no biggie.

...well:

JakeASD wrote:
Using a stanley knife, I made a deep incision into my wrist when I was 22. I was extremely lucky that the damage was only superficial.

:idea:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm

Getting out of bed this morning.... (Humor)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

Tried having my cat fight our neighbor's dog because I thought it would be like in a cartoon. I was ten. :oops:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:25 pm

I've done so many stupid things it's hard to single out just one.

electricsaygeo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2017, 5:33 pm

When I was in primary school (and about 8 years old), I used to sit in the assembly hall with my cheeks puffed full of air and my hands over my mouth (this was to get rid of a strange tingly feeling that I used to get in the sides of my mouth). And, in assemblies, everyone sits in silence and listens to the headteacher speak. One day my hand slipped just a little and the sound of the air coming out made a loud fart-like noise. I got a couple hundred laughs :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 5:42 pm

Blimey! I wouldn't know where to start as I've done so many stupid things. On reflection the most life changing stupid thing I've done is drugs.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 5:54 pm

I never make the same mistake twice.

I like to fill my day with a variety of mistakes from a large number of sources.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

I really haven't done a lot of stupid stuff. I've always been quite a serious and mature person, so there is very little in the way of 'stupid' actions in my history.

The only one I can think of, and looking back it may have been pretty big, was when the town I lived in (which was a coastal town) had a new marina built. It was still under construction in places, so not too busy but starting to be used by a few boats. And it was teeming with small jellyfish. I went swimming in there.

You hear about teenagers that drown in lakes and reservoirs, today. But I didn't even consider the danger at the time - to me it was just like an outdoor pool, away from other people.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:40 pm

I slightly injured small insects, built an arena out of sticks, and watched them fight to the death. I saw an ant eat a bee.