Too many autistics are bieng prescribed too many drugs

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 7:20 am

The people, who you are forced to interact-with, to give you the pills, can never do their job correctly, so far as I can tell.

We're saying this stuff is good and necessary and always safe, but you can't have it, at will. But, you can't live without it.

This is called regulatory capture and circular reasoning.

yungsavage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2017, 8:52 am

Who cares. People can do whatever the f**k they want with their own bodies as far as I'm concerned. I don't get why people like telling people what they should and shouldn't do when it comes to drugs. If a person wants to put potentially harmful chemicals in their body, thats their choice. The fact that you can be caged for 10 years for smoking a bit of weed is ludicrous. Who cares if autistics are being prescribed a lot of drugs, you can be prescribed something and not take it. And even still, if you stay at the recommended doses of most prescription drugs you will be fine. All these people who get addicted to opioids and adderall get addicted because they take doses way over the recommended to get high.

Every new year there is a new prescription boogyman. Last year it was xanax, this year it is oxycotton. These are perfectly safe drugs if taken at the recommended dosage. If you start developing a tolerance, tell your doctor and they will either up your dosage or move you to another drug.

I instantly tune out whenever I am talking to somebody and they say "doctors are giving this stuff out like candy". I almost always here this about opioids and benzodiazepines. Both of which are scheduled drugs which are very hard to get now. Good luck trying to get anti anxiety meds nowadays if you need them, because of all of these anti-pharma lunatics, you will have to jump through flaming hoops to get them. Broke your leg? In extreme agony? Well, about 10 years ago you would be able to get painkillers straight from the hospital! Now, not only do you have to go to multiple doctors to find one that is willing to give you painkillers, but once you do, you have to contact your insurance! If they say no, guess what, you are completely out of luck. This happened because painkillers got moved to schedule two controlled substances. That's right. Pills which are nearly harmless if not abused are now considered as dangerous as METHAMPHETAMINE!

Keep in mind, I am not advocating for opiates, they are pretty bad for you, but so is almost everything you consume everyday. I don't understand why people want to regulate what other people do with their body.

The fact that weed is criminalized yet something as terrible and addictive as soda can be bought in bulk by children just shows how f****d our government is. Soda has been proven to be as addictive as heroin, yet all of these anti pharma people without a doubt crack into a soda at least every week.

Sorry for the rant, I just left the gym and am feeling amped.

Last edited by yungsavage on 23 Apr 2017, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 9:03 am

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/psych-meds-l ... shootings/

They're over prescribed, to the point where every human activity can be linked to it.

And, the patient is probably, observably unhappy, before going to such extremes.

But, still...
"...over 90 percent of school shootings are linked to medication intake..."

Do you trust it, unconditionally.

devilSpawn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Apr 2017, 9:29 am

Mental illness is a product of faulty culture... in fact, if our culture weren't so faulty, autistics might be considered specially gifted rather than "disabled". is what it is... As for medications... I'm done with all that. They tried to make me their corporate lab rat... not for me... Cannabis is all take, today. Today is a good day, excuse me while I enthusiastically "medicate" :)

yungsavage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2017, 9:30 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/psych-meds-linked-to-90-of-school-shootings/

They're over prescribed, to the point where every human activity can be linked to it.

And, the patient is probably, observably unhappy, before going to such extremes.

But, still...
"...over 90 percent of school shootings are linked to medication intake..."

Do you trust it, unconditionally.

How far up his colon did that guy have to reach to pull that stat out. That is literally the most absurd thing I have heard in my life. Last time I checked, school shooters shoot up schools because they are either severely bullied, or psychopaths.

If your main source of fear mongeri-*AHEM* news is wnd, then maybe you should reconsider where you get your conformation bias/news from.

Last edited by yungsavage on 23 Apr 2017, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2017, 4:21 pm

androbot01 wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:
...Doctors,big pharma are a business,they make money from the weak minded.

Be in control of your own mind and not let it control you.
The brain is not hard wired after all.

As for the diabetic argument,again,there is no comparison.

Again with the insults? Sounds like you would rather proselytize than exchange ideas.

Insults?I maybe blunt with facts as i see it,but there are no insults,nor intended either.

As for proselytizing?Sorry if i come across that way,but largely,i've been a lab rat for 48yrs and i'm only offering from experience/s,personally and from my pov.

Calling people weak minded is a base attack. Perhaps it appeals to you as it is a slightly amusing short cut to your argument which is that people who use pharmaceuticals are weak.

Not having control over your mind,is weak minded,fact.
It's not a base attack nor an insult.

I had a weak mind once and am only talking from my own experience.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2017, 4:25 pm

yungsavage wrote:
But seriously, a medication that would actually work well for Autistics would be Marijuana. I'm not even kidding, if I smoke small amounts of weed I am way more sociable and anxiety-free. I wish you could get a weed card for autism. Would help so many people.

+ 1.

Though the chemical free natural grown hemp,not the hydro.

I'd also recommend hemp oil,not the type you get high on,to improve cognitive function,if you can get your hands on it.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 4:54 pm

ElabR8Aspie wrote:

If a person cannot overcome their brain chemistry and function normally, so rather than fall into illness this person takes medications to alter their brain chemistry, is this weakness or strength? In other words, is it a weakness or a strength to recognize weakness?

The reason I keep going back and forth with this is not because I am concerned for your mental health; it is because I am concerned for those who may need medication to survive, and won't take it because they don't want to be judged as having a weak character.

I do, however, find your arrogance nauseating.

Weed has worked great for me. I discovered it in '91 and it was the first time I realized my mental state was not a constant, and that it could be manipulated for the better.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2017, 2:00 am

androbot01 wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:

If a person cannot overcome their brain chemistry and function normally, so rather than fall into illness this person takes medications to alter their brain chemistry, is this weakness or strength? In other words, is it a weakness or a strength to recognize weakness?

Your missing my point.

Medications can alleviate initially,but there not meant to be taken long term,except in extreme cases,when nothing else works.

Hence in the mean time,you look for other natural alternatives.
Along with researching how the mind works and positive reinforcement.

http://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/ar ... ughts.aspx

I've abused and self medicated on drugs for over 30yrs +,and know personally,it ain't a life sentence to getting your mind back on track.

If i'd been diagnosed on the spectrum in my younger years,life would have been a different story.

Do you think people should be on medications for life?
Do you think altering the brain chemistry via synthetic drugs,long term,is the way to go?

Sorry,doctors,big pharma,don't wash with me,these synthetic medications are mind altering,why don't doctors take the holistic approach then?They alter the brain,they don't fix anything,it's just a bandaid.

androbot01 wrote:
The reason I keep going back and forth with this is not because I am concerned for your mental health; it is because I am concerned for those who may need medication to survive, and won't take it because they don't want to be judged as having a weak character.

I do, however, find your arrogance nauseating.

The reason you keep coming back,is because you love me.: p,but yeah seriously,you have a bee in your bonnet and you come back with these insinuating undertones.

How about we go back to school,shake hands and move on.

Agree to disagree etc etc.

androbot01 wrote:

Weed has worked great for me. I discovered it in '91 and it was the first time I realized my mental state was not a constant, and that it could be manipulated for the better.

Great,i'm glad it's worked for you..a natural alternative that should be recognized and legalized.

But unfortunately,where there's money to be made,weed is downplayed.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 5:23 am

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
Medications can alleviate initially,but there not meant to be taken long term,except in extreme cases,when nothing else works.

Why do you think they should not be taken long term?

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
http://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/articles/how-to-control-your-mind-and-thoughts.aspx

These ideas are not new to me. Controlling my mental experience with my thinking occurred to my in elementary school, and I think it's why I survived so long without medical intervention.

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
They alter the brain,they don't fix anything,it's just a bandaid.

The problem is with brain chemistry, the medications work on brain chemistry. So yes, they do fix the problem.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2017, 5:43 am

androbot01 wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:

Why do you think they should not be taken long term?

Purely synthetic,it alters mind,not how we should be thinking ourselves.

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
http://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/articles/how-to-control-your-mind-and-thoughts.aspx

These ideas are not new to me. Controlling my mental experience with my thinking occurred to my in elementary school, and I think it's why I survived so long without medical intervention.

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
Good and i'm glad,i'm not trying to go against you but offer some input,in a whole too.
I understand everyone is different,but also understand there are many ways to skin a cat.
Work,what works for you essentially,on the scheme of things.

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
They alter the brain,they don't fix anything,it's just a bandaid.

androbot01 wrote:
The problem is with brain chemistry, the medications work on brain chemistry. So yes, they do fix the problem.

Agreed,a short term fix though,but it's not the end all,on the scheme of things.
Search for answers elsewhere.

You know,i think healing starts at home,where you feel you belong.

For me it's nature and i'm a fringe dweller,town and country for now.

Horses for courses really.