Anyone else get gibbed by the "asperger experts" p

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jun 2014, 12:59 pm

it's a website out there... either you've come across it or you haven't... if you haven't, don't waste your time...

so I paid the $100 for their "life propulsion" member-area content that they have been promoting as life-changing information that will help... it turned out to be a 1-hour video and a half hour audio... I feel so gibbed!!

the hottest full-feature holywood movies with million-dollar budgets don't even have the audacity to charge people more than $15 or $25 to view it or even own it... $100 for a 1-hour video of college students discussing their ideas... what kind of joke is this?

anyone else tried it? anyone else feel gibbed?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 1:50 pm

do you have the link?? i gotta check this out :?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jun 2014, 2:22 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
do you have the link?? i gotta check this out :?

it's a bunch of college kids who started that website to help people with aspergers... a lot like alex with wrongplanet... but unlike wrongplanet, they are trying to make a living off their website by charging users outrageous prices over and over again for tiny little bits and pieces of information.

I find out a little disapointing if not straight up disturbing that they cloak their profit-driven aim as a way to help people... shame shame.

The good thing about alex is that he's got plenty of resources so money is not an issue... which gives him the chance to be a GREAT leader... sort of like Michael Bloomberg when he was mayor of NYC.

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jun 2014, 2:29 pm

I think I "liked" the facebook page but never got around to checking out the actual site... I guess I probably shouldn't.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm

diablo77 wrote:
I think I "liked" the facebook page but never got around to checking out the actual site... I guess I probably shouldn't.

That's exactly how I was suckered in. They spent some money on a facebook ad campaign to target people with "aspergers" in their profile. That website and their owners is in my opinion seriously unethical and crooked.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 2:45 pm

The only life changing information that would help would be news that society had finally decided to accept difference.

I wouldn't pay for that news, I'd wait to hear it for free.

Sorry you got conned.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 3:37 pm

What happens when you get Gibbed? Do groups of men with shiny suits and big hair come round and sing at you in ridiculously high voices? :P

$100 for a one hour video isn't making a profit, it's a scam. Sorry you got ripped off.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jun 2014, 3:49 pm

bumble wrote:
The only life changing information that would help would be news that society had finally decided to accept difference.

I wouldn't pay for that news, I'd wait to hear it for free.

Sorry you got conned.

So true bumble! well... society has accepted certain kinds of differences.. like sexual preferences, atheism, etc etc.... but for some reason asperger's is a harder concept for society to grasp... go figure

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:59 pm

I saw these guys on Youtube.

My impression was that they were claiming they had somehow attained some kind of mastery over their neurology, but they had an odd physicality, tone of voice and gaze. I did not see masters, but privileged young people who were going to do OK because of family backing. There was an aspect to their attempt to sell product that brought to mind the TV real estate people of the 1990s--if you can really make so much money selling tracts of Florida swamp, how come you are flogging your course instead of Okeefenokee Acres or whatever.

I can see their relatives saying "you guys are doing so well, but will have trouble finding ordinary employment, why don't you turn this to your advantage and sell your services online" or maybe they said that to each other. In any case, I think they would do better giving away what they are selling and giving people and opportunity to collaborate on more. Then enough traffic would come their way to generate ad revenue and they could sell useful things for very little to a larger audience and make more.

Would you have felt ripped off if they had charged $5 or $0.99? What would you think was a fair price for what you got?

I'm sorry to hear that you felt cheated and kind of sorry for those guys that they are generating this ill-will I am sure they did not mean to achieve this result. There is probably a bit of wishful thinking in that pricing scheme.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jun 2014, 5:22 pm

Adamantium wrote:
I saw these guys on Youtube.

My impression was that they were claiming they had somehow attained some kind of mastery over their neurology, but they had an odd physicality, tone of voice and gaze. I did not see masters, but privileged young people who were going to do OK because of family backing. There was an aspect to their attempt to sell product that brought to mind the TV real estate people of the 1990s--if you can really make so much money selling tracts of Florida swamp, how come you are flogging your course instead of Okeefenokee Acres or whatever.

I can see their relatives saying "you guys are doing so well, but will have trouble finding ordinary employment, why don't you turn this to your advantage and sell your services online" or maybe they said that to each other. In any case, I think they would do better giving away what they are selling and giving people and opportunity to collaborate on more. Then enough traffic would come their way to generate ad revenue and they could sell useful things for very little to a larger audience and make more.

Would you have felt ripped off if they had charged $5 or $0.99? What would you think was a fair price for what you got?

I'm sorry to hear that you felt cheated and kind of sorry for those guys that they are generating this ill-will I am sure they did not mean to achieve this result. There is probably a bit of wishful thinking in that pricing scheme.

Sounds like you're right on point. I believe a fair price (compared to other non-PhD instructional-type videos) would be between $5 and $20... $30 would have been wishful... $100 seems more like a scam.. especially considing they are misleading as to what the content is... they make it sound huge.. but it's just a short vid.. i I got sold on the curiosity... interesting to see aspies helping other aspies... but theirs has been a failed experiment... more of a show for their family/circles..

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 6:14 pm

I also thought it must have been weird for them to have the DSM V change eliminate the Aspergers diagnosis in the US so soon after they had nailed their identity to that word. I am sure your response is common to people who bought their offering. I wonder how they are dealing with that.

finch4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Sep 2014, 3:34 pm

I'm sorry you feel gipped. Did you know they have a money-back guarantee?

My experience with AE has been great so far. They discuss aspie issues from personal experience, and walk you (and your parents if you want) through understanding what is really going on and give you ways to cope. For example, they help you become aware of why you shut down under stress, and give you very specific ways to cope with stress and anxiety to avoid shutting down. It takes some work on your part, but if you listen and give it your best shot, you might be pleasantly surprised. Videos are like workshops. I couldn't care less about the quality of the video production if it gets the job done. They offer FREE live webinars where you can ask questions and they answer directly. You also can email them with questions and talk with them on the phone. The most important and different thing they do is they specifically address young adults. The one group being most ignored.

Over the years, we've spent thousands of $$ on several highly qualified psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors haven't been able to do anything but explain the diagnosis and prescribe medications. Honestly, they don't care and just don't get it. The $100 spent for what we got with AE was WAY more valuable. Who has the potential to help you deal with AS, a neurotypical doctor or someone who lives it? Of all those docs, not one would ever consider a money-back guarantee. I'm sick of following what 'normal' society tells me I should do and use 'real doctors'. 'Normal' society is the problem!

As I said, if you tried AE and you weren't happy, they have a 100% money-back guarantee. But before you give up, I hope you give it your best shot. Good luck.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 5:08 pm

Wondering about a hidden agenda behind your immediate arrival here?????

How very untrue it is for you to so glibly state that the ASD group most ignored is young adults, (oh and it just happens that you are pitching this scam website to them as the most numerous part of the group here, that's a coincidence (not).

For your information: the ASD group by far the most ignored are not young adults, but those now in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th decades of life.

Unless you are genuine, which I doubt, just go away please.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 6:25 pm

I actually like the stuff they put out. I haven't bought anything from them yet, but I do look at their free materials from time to time. I can see that they are helping a lot of adults on the spectrum and parents of younger individuals and I personally am glad that there is such a resource out there. A lot of what they say are things I have discovered for myself already.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

kfdake
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

I was searching for reviews on this outside of their fb page & website to make sure people really are saying great things about it.. My issue is, they have multiple marketing strategies.. and promotions.. I don't know which is the best investment.. they kinda make it overwhelming when you think it would be made to be more simplified for who they are targeting.

Another issue, is they try too hard to sell you on buying their stuff, and some things are misleading.. such as one promo said, pay as low as $55 today for all of these things.. and in order to only pay $55 is its a 4 month installment payments of $55, so you'd be paying $220 or you could make a little bit less of a one time payment for the same package.. way too misleading on their marketing strategies.. I do think its great that they have a money back guarantee and I am curious how many people request for their money back, simply just b/c they were misled..

With all of that said, I do think what they offer is valuable.. Their free stuff that I've checked out sounds soo much like my son, who was recently diagnosed with Autism.. I've already applied some of the tactics I've learned to him, and it has helped.. which is why I am curious about investing some money into it and learning more techniques and knowledge.. however I don't have money to be paying high amts.. and I think their argument that they are cheaper in the long run if you apply their techniques isn't right.. it makes them sound like that's all they're about is the money.. Having said that.. I do know that they need to make money, as they are not doctors & not being paid by insurance from their customers, so they have to charge higher than most maybe... but same time.. they are not doctors, so they shouldn't be charging "doctor rates". they need to figure out their rates, and what is appropriate to charge people, and be consistent..

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2014, 6:07 pm

Just watch one of their videos and their video quality and editing is terrible. The self help space is the biggest scam their was ever. No need for any peer review or certification just say whatever lies you want to maximize profits.