Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 8:17 pm

Any thoughts?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 8:48 pm

I like comedians, with or without autism, to joke about their own lives and experiences. Talking about others, even if fictionalized, is risky business to most comedians. Alix Generous is autistic and is quite good with her humor ( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... perger%27s ).

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:47 am

A comedian refencing that Autstics have always around. I'll take that.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2017, 2:19 pm

Aside from the remark about his getting freaked out by the Asian man speaking with an English accent , which I disagree with , considering that accents aren't genetic , I over all liked this comedian's routine . I was laughing out loud through out . And as to the boy he mentioned , I feel that while the public should show some reasonable consideration , and make some accommodation , we on the spectrum should likewise not use our condition as an excuse to be obnoxious . And even I who has chronic vocal tic disorder makes an effort to either keep my verbal outbursts under wraps , or at least subtly utter them under my breath when I am out in public , so as not to bother others . I think that we neurodiverse people do not like it when others annoy us , especially those of us with sensory processing disorder , so we should try not to be unduly annoying to neurotypicals as well .

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:34 am

I don't care. It's a comedian.

MrSerious
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2017, 7:13 am

"The secret to humor is surprise"-Aristotle

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:49 am

When I clicked on it, it told me the video is not available. :(

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:23 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
When I clicked on it, it told me the video is not available. :(

I got the same. I think you need to be signed into a youtube account and be in the USA coz I got it working by signing into my account and spoofing my IP address as an USA address.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 6:41 pm

Usually when a video is not available in your country it says exactly that. And you can't spoof your IP address for the kind of traffic that YouTube uses.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 6:57 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Usually when a video is not available in your country it says exactly that. And you can't spoof your IP address for the kind of traffic that YouTube uses.

All the video said was "this video was not available" and by spoofing I mean using a vpn or proxy and I could only get it to play by doing two things 1. Being signed into a youtube account 2. Setting my proxy as the USA ( no other country worked ) - no other combination would get the video to play except these.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard