Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2017, 12:11 am

deleted

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:20 am

Wow, looks like Jesus put some harsh comments about people, probably mostly about me, if he's deleted all of his posts.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:22 am

Joe90 wrote:
Wow, looks like Jesus put some harsh comments about people, probably mostly about me, if he's deleted all of his posts.

not exactly; he started insulting kraftie. probably a moderato deleted it

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:31 am

I think he's been banned, deleted and expunged from history.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:04 am

Trueno wrote:
I think he's been banned, deleted and expunged from history.

I feel real stupid now for actually feeling sorry for him and making excuses for his behaviour as I just thought his was young , misunderstood and having dificulties :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:19 am

I tend to be suspicious because I've seen a lot of damage done to vulnerable people on another health-related forum I belong to... a case of "Munchausen's by Internet" in that case.
I still have a thought that the kazoo guy may have been the same troll. But water under the bridge now... back to the thread...

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:01 am

Nah, I want this thread locked but I don't know how to get the mods to do it.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:07 am

Joe90 wrote:
Nah, I want this thread locked but I don't know how to get the mods to do it.

That's your choice of course , but if the thread is locked is will be archived in the state it is now.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2017, 8:51 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I feel real stupid now for actually feeling sorry for him and making excuses for his behaviour as I just thought his was young , misunderstood and having dificulties :roll:

You have nothing to feel bad about. I only knew he was trolling the site because he hit quite a few posts under the general and off topic sections of the site, and he also ignored several warnings that others were giving him. You made the right choice given the information you had, and that makes you a valued member of this site. It's a good quality to give people the benefit of the doubt, but there is a cutoff point. Don't change your outlook just because of this one incident.

That aside, as for the OP, he does bring up a good point for discussion. His point might be trivial in that it likely isn't a problem that often, but when it is an issue, there's nothing you can do about it. I completely agree with the notion that parents should only bring their kids with them on a flight if it's absolutely necessary, because otherwise they would just be doing something for their own benefit and convenience at the expense of others. I believe your real concern isn't so much about the kids, but rather it's with the faulty judgement of the parents. It's the parents who are responsible for their kids and it is also their responsibility to be mindful of the people around them. It seems the best you can do is ask for accommodations when the issue occurs and hope for the best. I believe in the automobile industry it's described as the lemons problem, where in an exchange between two parties there is no way to determine the good from the bad. For instance, if you see a parent with a small child on a plane, you have no way of knowing what type of people the parents are unless they willingly provide such information. They might be mindful of others or they might not be, but there's no way to determine that. The reason people throw around cliche's is that it keeps you mindful of the situation. You run the risk of condemning innocent people if you only focus on the negative side. However, you have already proven that you are well aware of this fact, so any earlier comments of anyone persecuting you for your opinion can be ignored.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:11 am

I just find life frustrating sometimes due to my anxiety disorder. I have misophonia too, so certain noises drive me insane. And being seated anywhere near a toddler in an enclosed space for a long period of time is my idea of a nightmare. Their noise, energy and unpredictability just makes me agitated. I am really not a child person. I don't like kids under 5 really. It's nothing personal. They are cute. They are interesting. I wouldn't want to see one hurt. But I still feel anxious around them.

Thinking "it's only a kid" doesn't make me feel any less anxious. I get irritated by people coughing and sneezing loudly too, and they can't help it no more than toddlers can help screaming. But it still doesn't stop me feeling irritated inside. I suppose this world is designed for people with good noise-filters in their brains, which is why nobody has come up with an idea of sectioning off people with small children from childless people/people with older children. I was probably irritating to people as a child too, and I'm aware of that. But some parents just let their toddlers run wild, where as my mum managed to control me in public, and I had ASD and ADHD! Well, as a child I was rather shy in public. I was more hyper at home or in child-friendly places like playgrounds, and I only had meltdowns at home or in school. But in school staff are trained to deal with child behaviour. I don't mind hearing children play or make noise in playgrounds or parks or anywhere that's child-friendly, because that's what they're for.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:20 am

Also we all have things that make us anxious and sometimes it feels good to come here and share it with other Aspies who may relate, not to be insulted.

I mean, I've seen various threads here complaining about the summer and the hot weather, but I wouldn't just reply "oh, get over yourself. The sun is a big firey ball that's been there for billions of years, and it can make summers hot in most places in the world. There is nothing you can do and unless you move to Greenland, you can't stop the hot weather, it's just part of life, so don't complain".

See how annoying that is to read if summer really makes you anxious? :)