Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 11:15 am

Do any of you have trouble spending time with your family or friends?

Curious as always :D,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 14, 2017)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

It can be a pain in the tushey.....

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:10 pm

I can see my friends during school, but I absolutely detest seeing them outside of school for some reason (except on my birthday and Halloween). The weird thing is, I love spending time and talking with them. I think it is because school is more structured and classes give me a break from socializing, so I completely enjoy being there and it is easier for me.

As for family, I am never in my room except when I am sleeping :lol: . I prefer to be around my mom and little sister, but I can enjoy being around all my family members.

:D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2017, 3:15 pm

my family is very difficult but that's more them than me

i get irritated and tired if i spend too long around friends

Phrygian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

I rarely see my family, they live too far away. I like spending time with my friends, but get drained after a while.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

My extended family, I see a few times a year. I walk in, drink tea and leave 30 minutes if I can get away with it, and an hour if I can't. My sister has just tried to arrange another family get together, no chance. I love my children, of course, I do, I just find talking to them difficult sometimes, I just run out of things to talk about and I become a bore and then I just want to be on my own (this is when I find being autistic is just a little... I could do without it)

I have my sister in law coming this weekend, tomorrow as it happens and there is no way out. I will try to spend as little time with her as I can and try to keep busy. She does not know I am on the spectrum and I am not going to tell her so I am going to be polite, keep my mouth shut and keep out of the way as much as is humanly possible. Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.

BBC: Radio 4

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:54 pm

I may have been in shock more or less constantly until I tried living alone. My family was like four strangers living together, except the two NTs (dad and sis) seemed to have something in common. Now, I have one friend I can spend lots of time with, although we rarely do. For all others, averaging over an hour a day ruins my sleep and my days. If there is any conflict to resolve, just minutes will do it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 4:00 pm

Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.

Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 5:20 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.

Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.

Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

I have a "traffic light" at my door, to indicate when I'm available. If you knock on red, you don't get to come back even on green.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:

Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

Yeah me too! :D

I have someone over for my birthday and Halloween. Does that count? :lol:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I have a "traffic light" at my door, to indicate when I'm available. If you knock on red, you don't get to come back even on green.

That's a really great idea actually :D .

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:08 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:

xD Yeah, that counts.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:13 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:

xD Yeah, that counts.

Yay! :D

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 2:01 am

YES. I don't have friends, but I find it increasingly extremely difficult to be around my relatives. It's just demand demand demand. Even their presence is demanding.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:39 am

It's always the highlight of my week hanging with my friends. I love watching them and smile.