Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

PaperMajora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2017, 11:58 pm

So last night something interesting happened. I was chatting with my uncle last night about ASD explaining how so many family members show signs of it. When I got to my late grandfather and his reclusive reading, taping the curtain one time to the wall to stop glare and his National Geographic collection, he told an interesting story. A couple of years before he passed my uncle stayed with him. My grandfather asked him to help move some things, my uncle got to a dark corner so he moved the lamp for light. Grandfather completely freaked out over the lamp being moved, to the point where he accidentally broke the blinds trying to put it back. Another story I got from my mother was she cleaned the entire backyard only for him to trash it because he liked how it was.

Anyone else ever hear a story of a late family member/ancestor that made you think of ASD?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm

I'm almost certain my deceased baby sister was autistic. She used to sit in one spot and rub the bottoms of shoes while making a clicking sound with her mouth for HOURS.