Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2017, 6:13 am

How can i think in pictures what i have to do?

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

CubeComet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

You might want to try image streaming. It only has anecdotal evidence though rather than scientific evidence if you search. Though I've seen some sources with data before but I've sadly forgotten the link. But when I tried it — it was rather helpful. It is your choice whether to trust me and try it.

It involves practicing imagining things visually and the rest of the senses — touch, taste, smell and hearing too. You have to imagine images that first come to your mind — let it come to you rather than you plan them. You can search online for more detailed instructions though and the possible benefits.

Another is simply practicing to be aware of visual things actively. Pick an object and memorize how it looks visually. Close your eyes and try to test whether you remember it. Keep doing this until you're satisfied.

Another is the practice of trying to visualize something for a longer period of time. You can imagine anything — numbers are simple to start with and so you can try to hold the number in your mind in place for 10 seconds. Move to the next number and the next until you're satisfied. You can raise the length of time for something harder or pick a more complicated visual practice if you want.

You can also make use of hobbies that practice spatial reasoning. Things like realistic drawing or building something hands on.

The more you practice, the easier it becomes though. So finding a way to practice it in daily life would be useful. Like trying to visualize images for something when you read a book for example or listen to a podcast.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 9:01 am

Either you got the gift or you don't.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 9:27 am

Some people can learn all sorts of things if they just make a good effort at it, but I think this is rare. The word for this is polymath. It typically isn't considered a learning disability to have only one mode of learning.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 11:13 am

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2017, 12:41 pm

CubeComet wrote:
You might want to red image streaming. It only has anecdotal evidence though rather than scientific evidence if you search. Though I've seen some sources with data before but I've sadly forgotten the link. But when I tried it — it was rather helpful. It is your choice whether to trust me and try it.

It involves practicing imagining things visually and the rest of the senses — touch, taste, smell and hearing too. You have to imagine images that first come to your mind — let it come to you rather than you plan them. You can search online for more detailed instructions though and the possible benefits.

Another is simply practicing to be aware of visual things actively. Pick an object and memorize how it looks visually. Close your eyes and try to test whether you remember it. Keep doing this until you're satisfied.

Another is the practice of trying to visualize something for a longer period of time. You can imagine anything — numbers are simple to start with and so you can try to hold the number in your mind in place for 10 seconds. Move to the next number and the next until you're satisfied. You can raise the length of time for something harder or pick a more complicated visual practice if you want.

You can also make use of hobbies that practice spatial reasoning. Things like realistic drawing or building something hands on.

The more you practice, the easier it becomes though. So finding a way to practice it in daily life would be useful. Like trying to visualize images for something when you read a book for example or listen to a podcast.

Well im deaf with cochlear implant and thats only senses is no good but cochlear implant helps alot for me but i can think about people situations in thinking its clear its like a movie no voice
in it i really cant see there eye colour its really common but i have smell taste touch visual but born deafness but im learning sensing is there link

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf