Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2018, 1:29 pm

A guy came to my parents's house (I live with my parents), and insulted me to my face. Here's what happened:

It was afternoon time (sometime between 12:45PM and 1:00PM). I answered the door, wearing my pajama pants, and we said hi to each other. He then told me who he works for, and asked me when the last time I had my windows replaced. I didn't really answer him, but my mother simply told him "We're not interested." He then said ok, and "Have a great night." He insulted me to my face. He thinks I'm a douche for wearing pajama pants in the daytime. Either that or he thinks ill of me in some other way. He maligned me. And the worst part is: I didn't even get him back for it. It's people like him who caused me to have schizophrenia. He's a douche.

Desmilliondetoiles
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2018, 1:42 pm

Kill em with kindness. You are at home. Who cares how you decide to be dressed at home? It's not like you answered the door naked or something. The bloke obviously is not worth your time. He's just irritated your family didn't need his services and cut off his elevator pitch.

garysoneji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jan 2018, 1:48 pm

I think you're reading too much into his choice of word.

Last edited by garysoneji on 13 Jan 2018, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 1:53 pm

Hello

I think he was trying to be friendly or he might have thought he was being funny. A lot of people work nights and since it's his job to go round peoples houses touting for business he probably sees people in their pajamas often. He probably says that every time. I opened the door to the take an amazon delivery yesterday afternoon in my pajamas, I like them and they are nice and comfy :D

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2018, 2:07 pm

Desmilliondetoiles wrote:
Kill em with kindness. You are at home. Who cares how you decide to be dressed at home? It's not like you answered the door naked or something. The bloke obviously is not worth your time. He's just irritated your family didn't need his services and cut off his elevator pitch.

That seems like a good idea. Exactly.

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2018, 2:08 pm

garysoneji wrote:
I think you're reading too much into his choice of word.

Perhaps.

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2018, 2:09 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Hello

I think he was trying to be friendly or he might have thought he was being funny. A lot of people work nights and since it's his job to go round peoples houses touting for business he probably sees people in their pajamas often. He probably says that every time. I opened the door to the take an amazon delivery yesterday afternoon in my pajamas, I like them and they are nice and comfy :D

Yes, maybe. It wasn't night time, though. Exactly; I'm just wearing pants that I like.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 2:21 pm

savavdpeas wrote:
It's people like him who caused me to have schizophrenia.

i'm trying to understand this.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2018, 2:38 pm

When someone is a jerk to me, and I don't "get them back"; it causes me to be paranoid and more schizophrenic. So it's jerks like that guy who cause me to be paranoid and schizophrenic. I had a really bad experience in college more than ten years ago. It caused me to think more about my diet and develop orthorexia. I also developed schizophrenia as a result of those douches. First it was Disorganized Schizophrenia (and also Catatonic), and now it's Paranoid Schizophrenia (as my official diagnosis). My sister said that she thinks I have Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder, though. Who knows what I really have and in what amounts.

Last edited by savavdpeas on 13 Jan 2018, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 2:48 pm

Salesmen get rejection all day long. That one was just passing it along, and you were in range. Remember, when someone points a finger at you, they point three other fingers at their self.

BTW, I only got to know one schizophenic well. I noticed that her mother often made ambiguous statements, so the daughter would ask "did you mean ___?" A coin would have gotten 50% right in a fair game. Someone familiar with the mother would reasonably expect to do far better. That mother Always said her daughter had guessed wrong.

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2018, 2:56 pm

Dear_one wrote:
Salesmen get rejection all day long. That one was just passing it along, and you were in range. Remember, when someone points a finger at you, they point three other fingers at their self.

BTW, I only got to know one schizophenic well. I noticed that her mother often made ambiguous statements, so the daughter would ask "did you mean ___?" A coin would have gotten 50% right in a fair game. Someone familiar with the mother would reasonably expect to do far better. That mother Always said her daughter had guessed wrong.

True. He just doesn't feel good about himself. I wasn't familiar with that guy, so who knows. But honestly, what else could he have possibly meant when he said, "Have a great night.", during the daytime?

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2018, 2:57 pm

He was insulting me. That's what he meant. He meant to insult me. And don't tell me I'm wrong about that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 3:32 pm

I'm lost where he insulted you. Where is the insult?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 3:56 pm

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 4:46 pm

Who cares? All the guy cares about is installing windows. He doesn't care that your wear pajamas.

And it is your right to wear pajamas. The guy wasn't a guest in the house. He was just some schmuck salesman.

Pick your battles, man.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 5:59 pm

Screw him.

Pajamas rule.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)