Not being alone = getting nothing done

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2018, 5:16 pm

Do you ever lie in bed for hours after waking up just because there is someone or multiple someones home and you just do not feel like socializing even the smallest amount to answer "how are you?" or "did you sleep well?"?

I have things I'd like to do but I work much better when alone in the house and it kind of messes up my plans when someone unexpectedly stays home.

I'm trying to get over it but having to constantly be aware of someone there is distracting and I can't do whatever/be completely myself.

It's a tiny house so we're always in the same room unless I'm in bed or in the bathroom and it wears me out not to have adequate alone time, as in true alone time with no one else around at all.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else feels limited simply because of someone else being around.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 5:23 pm

Very much so, yes.

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2018, 7:35 pm

No because I have children who have zero understanding of need for space. But yes I feel exactly the same, my life just doesn't offer me the option, so I'm in constant overload.

At the moment that means executive function is screwed, I'm failing in every area of life and I'm constantly on the edge of melt down. I had a melt down picking up my daughter from school yesterday. I work (freelance at home) 3 days a week, and it takes the first 3 hours of each day just to people detox. Not good for productivity.

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 5:52 am

When I lived with my parents, I would often stay in bed and wait until they went out, then I'd get up.

I never really thought about why I did that.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2018, 6:07 am

Yes! Even if my partner is up and about getting ready for uni, i will wait until he's gone where possible before I get up.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Mar 2018, 6:17 am

I always feel like that when I visit my inlaws.
My parents weren't that bad, they understood my need to be left alone even if I was in the same room. But the inlaws are so noisy and pushy, I always get a serious burnout after visiting them :/

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 6:20 am

Yes. This is why I do my chores home alone or at certain hours.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 7:37 am

Isn't that the whole point of company? If people are alone, how are they going to screw up one another's life?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.