then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2007, 9:09 am

Embarrassingly enough I have trouble finding my mother out of a crowd.
She had undergone chemotherapy for cancer and had lost her hair. For as long as I can remember she had always had long or shoulder length hair. Because of loosing her hair she always wore a hat or a bandana thing, so I learned to look for people wearing hats and then look at general body shape, she is on the heavier side.
Now that her hair has been growing in to about crew cut length, I have a hard time recognizing her. At the store I was looking straight at her and it wasn't until I saw the purse she was carrying that I recognized her as my mom.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:03 pm

ChatBrat wrote:
jrknothead wrote:
one thing that i have noticed about this trait is, it really pisses off black people... i've been accused of being racist because i can't tell one black person from another... but it happens with white people too, and especially with asians... all races really... black people tend to be really sensitive about this in particular

I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that every race has trouble recognizing other races and clumps them together saying "they all look alike".

I think this happens in relation to "strange people": if you live among white people you will recognize them better them others, but if you live among black people you recognize them better and so on.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:49 pm

Oh in College I'm famous for it. :D I always forget people's names and they joke about it. :lol:

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 3:37 pm

Yes me too! I'm terrible at recalling ppl's names or faces. I always get my neices and newphews names mixed up and call them the wrong name. But, i don't see them very much like after a year and kids change allot in that time.

Oddly, i can recognize ppl at a distance by the way they move or walk. It's the face blindness that i have a problem with.

SirCannonFodder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2007, 4:22 pm

I have no problem remembering a face or the person connected with it, but I'm terrible with names