Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Would You Want To Live In a Town of All Aspies?
Yes 52%  52%  [ 11 ]
No 48%  48%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 21

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2007, 2:03 pm

...a vision of a town, with a population of pure Aspies. A town, with jobs, which were run by Aspies. Of a Cafe run by Aspies, and a school run by Aspies... where we would not be singled out by the Neurotypicals amongst us.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:05 pm

depends what the women look like

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:07 pm

I would like a 50/50 of aspies and nt's.

JWLuke787
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2007, 2:41 pm

If the whole town was just aspies, there would not be an equal amount of men and women. I'm sure the women would like it but I wouldn't be happy with it. But there would certainly be more tolerance for us in a town like that.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:56 pm

not sure i could cope with the big egos and the pedantry in an all aspie town.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 3:00 pm

There's generalization I often see visiting forums like this - aspies are perceived to be always characterized by generally higher intelligence than in case of an average NT, lack of prejudices and so on but let's not forget that aspies are as diverse as it takes place in case of NT's - there are similarities but there can be many differences. We can only guess what a town peopled by people like us would like. But I think that an idea of population of aspies sounds cool :D

I've never met someone who could be suspected by me of having AS so I have no idea whether in spite of having brains wired the same we would have much in common (if at all).

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2007, 3:48 pm

It would suck.
First, it just won't function. There's too many reasons to write, but we just need NTs!
Second, it would be so extremely boring!! At least for me.
I wouldn't like to live in a town like that. I like to know lots different people, i like lots of NTs (still i also dislike many of them), i don't like lots of Aspies/HFAs i met (but still there are some i like - that's why i am on this site). I don't think it matters if someone is an aspie or nt, they're just people. And aspie can be intolerant, while nt can accept you as you are. It depends WHO you meet, not if he has disorder or order XD And i think lots of aspies won't handle some duties in town.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 4:52 pm

^ I agree.