Silly things you did when you were younger

Page 7 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 10:23 am

RandomFox,

I laughed at your description of cats in boxes! That must have been really funny! I have noticed that cats enjoy boxes more than any commercial cat toy you can buy! My biggest cat always tried to squeeze himself into the smallest boxes and somehow made himself fit. He was a big (not fat), long Siamese mix. (Lynx/tabby point).

bowtruckle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2017, 11:46 am

Oh, I did so many silly things...

When I was about 7, for whatever reason I used to keep telling people I was from a faraway land called "Zonovania", and that my aunt and uncle were my real parents. I even made up a language!

I've always loved Jelly Babies, but I haven't always eaten them. I used to play with them. My mum used to buy me a packet, and I would take out one Jelly Baby of each colour, stand them up in a line, and knock them down like dominoes.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:44 pm

I didn't have too many issues with expressions, I had more issues in the speech department. I couldn't pronounce yellow and I got similar words confused, like shellfish and selfish. Anyhow, when I was little, I went into the middle of the street and danced on the yellow line. It started off as a dare I think, but I continued to do it for three or so years. Luckily, my old street wasn't crowded.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 2:37 pm

As a toddler, I once got into the sticky notes on my mom's desk and covered my entire naked body in them. There's a photo of this in one of the family albums...

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2017, 2:50 pm

I remember in first grade, I was told to look for an owl that I made out of construction paper. It was supposed to be right outside the classroom, but I ended up looking all over the school for it. Also, in my grade school years, my dad kept telling me not to stare at people. I was known to have a staring problem. In fourth grade, I had these ticks, for lack of a better word, that I would open my mouth wide open like I was constantly yawning. I was wearing braces at the time and those little rubber bands on them and every time I opened my mouth real wide, the rubber band would pop out. I used to make these clucking sounds, too, and it really aggravated my granny. In junior high school, I would imitate people from movies. One time, I went down to the basement of my grandparents' house and decided to crawl around in the dark. When I came back upstairs, my granny asked me if I was on drugs. Ok, that's pretty much all the "silly" things I can think of that I did when I was younger.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 3:24 pm

I was pretty literal, too. When mom told me stop staring at people, I quit looking at all. I needed more input for the mirror neurons to kick in, so then I had to learn everything myself. I turned out too slow to compete on drywall jobs, but a very good deal for really tricky jobs.
Someone told me that bones were to hold us up, and muscles to move them. I still have lousy posture, because I didn't understand that the muscles also make up for asymmetrical loading except in full repose.
I knew I wasn't supposed to take candy from strangers, but when I was in my early teens, I'd offer to share a bag of hard candy with anyone on busy street as I ate them.
My first day at a big school, I looked along every hall before I found my locker number adjacent to my home room.
As an amateur actor, I was terrible, with no clue that it was so.
I corrected my grade four teacher on a point of steelmaking. I still regularly complain of people who treat hardness, stiffness, and toughness as synonyms.