Tell tales of your own forgetfulness/ absentmindedness!

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 9:54 am

I forget how old I am sometimes. lol.

I have to write down everything my boss tells me to do or I forget, but a lot of the time I forget to write things down :/

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 3:29 pm

I once left the house on my way to work and suddenly thought "Oh,I've forgotten my watch !".
I wondered whether I would have time to walk back and still catch the train.I looked down at
my wrist. "Good,I've still got 20 minutes' I thought to myself. After a couple of minutes back
in the house it eventually dawned on me - not only did I have my watch on all the time but
I'd looked at it to find out how much time I had to go back and get it.

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2007, 4:52 pm

One time I was holding something in my right hand and I forgot where I put it even though it was in my right hand the whole time. I was really high.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 7:24 pm

I have had to go back for items I have left behind on several occasions.

bobert
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2007, 7:27 pm

Pluto's story is hard to beat, but here's my entry.
I don't like bright lights, (like the sun), so when I work out side I wear big, goofy, dark glasses over my regular glasses. The other day I caught myself walking around with a pair of dark glasses pulled up on my head and another pair over my regular glasses. No wonder people were looking at me funny.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2007, 7:41 pm

Ok, this is a long one.

I live in a room that I rent in little mexico in oceanside california, thats bad 1, cause there is only one bathroom.

---I forgot to take toilet paper in there with me twice this week but i took the baby powder with me and a change of underwear once and the other time the wet ones wipes and the hand sanitizer (i clean every damn thing i touch in that bathroom).

---I wrote a list of symptoms for my doctors appointment today in case i forgot them, and I forgot the list was in my pants pocket, so i didnt give it to him and my gf had to rattle on the list, out of memory.

---I forgot where I put the breathing tube of my asthma nebulizer machine, but I remembered where my bf put his socks, where the old yogurt we bought was thrown away and what happened to the lasagna we bought last week.

---I put a bottle of water in the freezer to chill and i forgot about it till i opened the freezer door 2 days later. I just remembered it again, because im thirsty.

One of my worst absentminded moments was when my gf told me "ok, im gonna go to (cant remember right now) be dressed and ready to go when i come back so we can get dropped off at such and such" right? So I brush my hair put on my bra undies and shirt and start putting on my pants when i see the remote, i grab it turn on mtv and start watching music videos. by the time my gf got back i was sitting shirtless on the bed with my jeans around my anckles singing along to the video. Her being back already AND being mad because i wasnt raedy caught me by such surprice!. I didnt even realize i wasnt ready to go.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 7:54 pm

Smelena wrote:
I've 'lost' my car in the carpark. One day I was walking around for 45 minutes, thinking the car must have been stolen.

I then realised I'd taken my husband's car instead of my own, and that's why I couldn't find it.

I did something similar, in regards to "losing" the car. My family and I went to a water park, and I had to go back out for something. I knew what car we had taken, I knew what it looked like, and I knew the plate numbers, but I couldn't find the car. I wandered around the lot for twenty minutes pushing the "unlock" button on the keychain and praying that it would click loud enough for me to hear it. When that didn't work, I hit the "lock" button, as the horn's supposed to go off it's all ready locked. Eventually I gave up and went back inside. My mother found the car in less than five minutes, in a row that I must have gone down at least three times.

Other things I have done:

-I missed the entire construction and opening of a few full sized stores that was directly next to the grocery store that I go to quite often. It was four months before I noticed that something was different.

-More than once, I've stopped in the middle of a busy hallway/staircase in school because I've suddenly realized that I don't know what period I'm supposed to be going to and what class is on that period anyway.

-I locked my keys in the car. This was directly after my mother gave me a speech on the engine and gears of a car, because her friend's son had just totally wrecked his car by not knowing what the gauges meant. She spent a good five minutes talking about taking the keys out of the ignition. I nodded, said I understood, got out of the car, locked and shut the doors. With the keys still in the ignition. No one (including me) noticed until we tried to get back in the car again.

-I'll often go downstairs (or upstairs, depending on where I started) to do something... Only to realize that I've forgotten what I went there for.

-I'll take my clothes to the bathroom so that I can change directly after my shower, but I tend to forget something. Sometimes it's something that's not a problem - my belt, for instance - but sometimes it can be a problem - a shirt, for instance. Or, as I've done a few times, I'll forget that the towels are in the laundry and take my shower.

-I totally forgot the above until I saw another post on clothing. :P

Three years!

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 10:11 pm

Today I took my daughter to the DFS office for a paternity test. I didn't realize that today was the 20th and not the 21st. (I have to get it done for medicaid for some reason)

I took her in there and saw a sign on the door that said "paternity testing is only done on the third Tuesday of every month", and I was thinking "wow, that's odd. I wonder why mine is scheduled for a Monday." So I wait an hour in the line, and get up to the front. They just looked at me when I told them why I was there, then after a minute she told me it wasn't until tomorrow. I was positive it said I was to bring her in on the 21st, so I just stood there, wringing my wrists for a minute, then I said "are you sure? My paper says the 21st." She looked at me and giggled a little, I'm assuming at the situation, then she brought out the calender...

So I'll be going back tomorrow, lol.

I'm my own guinea pig.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 12:05 am

I have forgotten my PIN before. I was paying for medication at the time so it was really unsettling. I din't remember what my PIN was until two days later.

As for absent-mindedness, I have forgotten what I am doing while preparing my breakfast and started to pour milk into the kitchen bin.. :oops:

There was something else I meant to post about but I have forgotten what it was...

This is also my thousanth post. Took a long time getting here. :)

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 12:21 am

renaeden wrote:
This is also my thousanth post. Took a long time getting here. :)

congratulations! :P

I'm my own guinea pig.

TheTraditionalFrog
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2007, 4:42 pm

Rainsong,

You mention going downstairs in to a room and forgetting why you went there.

I occasionally do this. I call it destinesia. :D

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:16 pm

This one time my dad bought flowers for my mom and put them on the kitchen table and I didn't notice them for three days.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 12:52 am

Ana54 wrote:
Oh cummon, wout with it! We all post our embarrassing moments here! :D

Or is is something personal like your PIN or your IP address? Oooooooh, better change it!

no no I come from a crime family...... :roll: It's more like csi on steroids. overwhelming and easy to distract from the nonsensualness of.

but I forget the regular stuff too such as running around the house frantic for my keys for work only to decide that I am too late to go and had better well dig in and put my feet up for the day...then realizing that I was holding them.

I lose my keys a couple times a day. My purse. My id's. My shoes. Never my toothbrush. It helps to have a hammer and nails and labelled drawers and a resolve to put everything where it goes every single time. But I never do get to the laundry strewn about the living room-clean, from that 'oh I'm so tired from the washing that I'll put that away later..'

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Danie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2007, 4:03 am

most of my life ive put things some where, then when i go back to the place where i THOUGHT i put it, its never there so i go around looking for it, lose my temper and tear the house apart, normally around half an hour later i found it :D ive always thought this was just me, until i met my boyfriend, and hes got asd and he knew i wasnt right.

i forget small things like weather or not i flushed the chain after been to the toilet,
forget that am having a shower and leave the water heater on and run up a big bill :(,
i also leave water running,
il walk out my house, get to the end of my street and think have i locked the door so have to go all the way back to lock it,
i lose loads of things, i am very forgetful.

Danie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2007, 4:05 am

TheTraditionalFrog wrote:

You mention going downstairs in to a room and forgetting why you went there.

i also do this all the time, come out of the room go sit down then remember what i need and go back in :D

Riabhag
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Aug 2007, 8:26 pm

I've finally found my people! :D