Precious moments when people empathized with you...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 1:05 pm

I was so thrilled when these two diagnosed depressives at the YMCA, Terrance and David, empathized with me when I was having a rough time with the depression and talked to me!

I was also thrilled when Dr. Duncan knew immediately what I was talking about and meant and felt like the day I met him, when I explained just a little bit!

When my mother empathized with me while I was really depressed and/or understimulated I was also a bit thrilled!

And the people on here not forgetting how I feel and even mentioning it in PMs and other posts really puts a smile on my face!

username88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 1:21 pm

I empathize with certain people plenty. Even if I told my whole life story there are some people who have the right to look at me like "You have NO idea..." Most people however, do not. I only know of two people like that personally.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Oct 2007, 2:36 pm

On my birthday I posted in the "getting to know you forum", on like page 4 now.. "Please tell me Happy Birthday" thread. Because my mom had died and I did't have anyone to tell me "Happy Birthday, and was horriably "Alone"
I'd only been on WP for 16 days and over 20 people took the time to tell me Happy Birthday and it REALLY DID make me feel better. :D
All these people who did't even know me came together to make me feel better.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 7:52 pm

When I talk to people on the Siamese site about my cats. I also empathize with them when one of their cats or other pets passes away.