Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 11:14 am

If I'm nuetral/relaxed, people tend to think I'm stressed out or sad. When I am stressed or sad, people thing I'm angry at them, which is annoying. When I really, deeply relax and zone out a little, people think I'm high, and sometimes try to get my attention.

chocolate_kitties
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jan 2008, 3:39 pm

When I'm neutral, people say I look tired or tell me to cheer up.
And once a random guy in the street asked me why I was depressed :hmph:

quirky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2008, 5:24 pm

People tell me to cheer up a lot. When I smile, I get ttold I have a great smile, so I'm not in general an unhappy looking person. But usually when i'm neutral, it's because I'm focusing hard on something mentally, so maybe that concentration looks like stress?

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 11:22 pm

I used to have a teacher who always gave me the line about smiling taking fewer muscles than frowning. I just told her I wasn't frowning, but she didn't believe me. :S

Most of the time people just think I'm really serious (they don't usually say "intense", but sometimes), but any sign of irritation makes them think I'm extremely angry. My mom once feared for her life when I approached her in a disapproving manner. I can only assume that she deserved whatever disapproval she got, but I do not remember what had happened. What I do remember is being pursued around the house by my dad when all I wanted was to be left alone. He thought I was afraid of him and couldn't understand that I just wanted him to GO AWAY.

chella
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2008, 1:04 am

This happens with me often too. People are always asking me what's wrong when I'm just being natural. They don't say I look angry though, they say I look sad lol. I hate when people tell me that, why does it matter anyway? If I'm mad or sad I'll tell you.

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2008, 9:57 am

The other day my father-in-law-to-be said "Are you okay?" in a very weird way. I said "Yeah, I'm fine" but he just kept looking at me. It was only when I looked in the mirror that I realised I looked like I'd been crying. It was a combination of having a naturally frowny face and allergies making my eyes red.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 10:37 am

sodarktheshadows wrote:
i constantly get that at work...when i'm deep in thought apparently i look either upset or pissed off...i've been told both. again, what do people expect? that you go around with a perma-grin pasted on your face? if i'm sitting in my office doing paper work, i don't think too much about the expression i'm wearing, but people will see me and ask who pissed me off or what i'm so angry about...(hey...maybe i'm pissed off because you're asking me why i'm pissed off when i'm not? yeah, maybe that's why...duh.)

i've been told this for as long as i can remember...i guess i'm just not a naturally smiley person. :wink:

Yes same here.
Whenever i'm thinking my girlfriend always asks me what's wrong.
I guess we are just much harder to read than others.