No 20%  20%  [ 131 ]
Total votes : 670

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 9:43 pm

i get lost................

again and again......

where am i now? doh! (weewh! im home on my pc!)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

samuel_j
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2008, 11:10 pm

Hi, im new lol
I drive and have been told that i drive well by friends,
have been driving since i was 12 as i used to race stock cars so i find that that helps :P

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 11:26 pm

I drive pretty well, when not distracted. Got my Learners at 18 and my Restricted by 21. I still have my Restricted, I only drive myself and family (all have full licenses) and don't go out after dark, so I don't need my Full at the moment.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 12:17 am

It took me a lot longer to learn than the average NT but once I learnt I just about better than any NT and have an excellent driving record.

mel01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2008, 2:14 am

i am a good safe driver although i do tend to look like im driving a grand prix car i get very nervous and avoid motorway driving though as i tend to prefer to stick to the routes i already know eg home town driving

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:59 pm

I scored 100 percent on my first california drive test 8O :roll: :lol:

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

monotonesarah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jan 2008, 10:17 pm

It took me 3 or 4 tries to get my licence (I did fine once I took some beta blockers) and after passing the test I never drove again. That was 3 years ago. I just don't think I have the focus to be on the road, I don't want to kill someone.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:32 pm

I'm a good driver... have been driving about 45 mins commute (each way) every day for a year and a half now (in NJ that's no small feat for even most NT's)... I haven't gotten a single moving violation or gotten into an accident yet *knock on wood*, but I have been stopped once for speeding (30 mph in a 25 zone)... the cop let me go though, because it was in a detour where everyone else was going 40... he was just using me to turn his lights on...

zee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:26 pm

Sedaka wrote:
i get lost................

again and again......

where am i now? doh! (weewh! im home on my pc!)

Yes, I get lost all the time too, but it doesn't affect my driving skills. I find the best way to prevent getting lost is to look at the route on a map beforehand, and then make a list in sequence. Ex:

L on Oak
L on Elm
R on Pine (right after spruce)...

I once drove back and forth like 5 times when I didn't have a map. I couldn't remember the order of crossstreets, whether I was going west or east. I wasted over an hour. :oops:

zee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:33 pm

Another time I was working for a festival, and I had to get some stuff from a hardware store that was only a few blocks away. When I got there, it was closed. So I started back, but somehow I ended up on an exit ramp to a bridge. By the time I realized, I couldn't escape, so I had to go over the bridge, into the downtown core - which is full of one-way streets -, and than back on site. When I told my supervisor that they were closed, he asked why I'd been gone for so long, and I had to explain. :oops:
I could tell many similar stories, but you get the picture. :)

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:34 pm

Average driver, probably quite below average for my intelligence range. When "in the zone" a pretty good navigator.

Caused a three car pile-up within 6 months of my first car. Clean since. :D

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2008, 4:15 am

Im 20 choose not to drive...

costs so much money here in nz rego warrent fuel gas petrol lol...maintenence car parking fees

I usually bus.. not ideal

and sometimes i want to drive but i guess there is a COST EXCUSE lol...

im thinkin about sooping up(pimpn up) a scooter lol... whippersnipper weed wacker machine into it (its been done before) or (the other day i thought fan electric cheaper... could a fan motor do it lol... hmm....

anyone use an alternative to the car.........?

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Jan 2008, 7:20 pm

I take pride in my ability to pilot my Jeep with skill and precision; I rather enjoy scenic drives, and will often drive down a lonely road just to see where it leads.

I do tend to make my passenger's terribly nervous though; I like driving fast, and I'm infamous for being able to get within an inch or so of other cars and obstacles. Recently I gave a few co-workers a ride back from a meeting in another building; the fellow who happened to be in the front passenger seat grabbed the jesus bar and spouted a very loud, "Jesus Christ!!" as I whipped the Jeep neatly into a compact spot between two non-compact cars. I just looked at him and innocently asked, "What?"

I hate having to share the roads with other drivers though, hate stop and go traffic, and hate stupidly designed roadways. I often get very frustrated and annoyed any time I need to drive in Seattle; generally speaking, I am of the very strong belief that the civil engineers who designed the Seattle roadways were low-grade morons who must have flunked the engineering college entrance exams.

I keep telling people that I'm going to get a PA system for my Jeep just so I can yell at people; I wonder how many people are going to be surprised when I actually get around do doing that?. I also want a Dixie air horn, just to be extra obnoxious.

Happily, I live in Issaquah, and my commute to work takes me to Redmond; it is a pleasant, scenic drive the whole way, even if traffic gets a bit choked sometimes.

I cannot do public transit; I have been known to yell at people for sitting next to me such that they come in contact with me.

Good fortune,

- Icarus wants to be a stunt driver...

Katou
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2008, 11:35 am

I consider myself a very good driver. I got my license at 16.5 years old, and I've logged past 100,000mi since, both for work and pleasure.
I've only been involved in one accident, where a cabbie rear-ended my car.

Aspetta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2008, 3:14 pm

well i just turned 27 and i finally got my license on thursday!! i sort of suck at it though. mainly when it comes to the rules about right-of-way & theres alot of traffic. i hate ambiguous situations. but im confident that i'll end up being a really good driver-i usually become really good at anything that i set my mind to do-except making friends, but, you know. :roll:

zee
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 4:50 pm

Aspetta wrote:
well i just turned 27 and i finally got my license on thursday!! i sort of suck at it though. mainly when it comes to the rules about right-of-way & theres alot of traffic. i hate ambiguous situations. but im confident that i'll end up being a really good driver-i usually become really good at anything that i set my mind to do-except making friends, but, you know. :roll:

I hate the ambiguous situations too. I find tracing the driving route on a map ahead of time is a good idea, then you know where to change lanes, or if there are any weird intersections coming up, etc.
Welcome, BTW! :D