What's your social intelligence IQ? (link to quiz included)

Page 2 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 4:54 am

I stopped on the third question.

#1 I dont often feel crappy. Why presume I do?
#2 What a poorly worded statement. And it presumes that emotional blindness is healthy.
#3 Nobody makes me feel badly about myself. I have no friggin idea what they think of me, and frankly I dont care.
#4 I think they insinuate that you say it aloud. I hardly talk at all. And I resolve to not repeat my mistake, and dont blame external factors.

Yeah. Stupid test.

_Pie_
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2008, 4:57 am

I scored 116, above average apparently.

Anniemaniac
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2008, 9:36 am

64. Lowest score here so far... that can't be good :lol:

I don't understand why so many here have complaints against this test. I think it's pretty good for an online test. At least it gives you several choices, unlike some tests that just give you the basic "yes/no" answers...

Ledzeppelinrules
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2008, 12:12 pm

What does your score mean?
There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

Robert Plant quote

29 Jan 2008, 12:31 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 12:42 pm

Your score = 79

What does your score mean?

There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

Aoife
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2008, 8:45 pm

71 :oops:

...[T]here's nothing in the world more unpredictable than people...logic and order don't really exist in human emotions.
--Jan Hartman

Microban
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2008, 9:46 pm

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 10:20 pm

85..we sound like a broken record...;) well, back on the short bus...;)

toria53
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2008, 11:40 pm

I got a 79

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2008, 12:00 am

I got 73 but I agree that they are poorly worded questions. I also knew which to pick if I wanted a high or low number, it was too obvious. If I was at a shrink I'd pick a high number so I'll look normal.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 6:50 am

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 9:21 am

People with Asperger's and associated disorders are usually emotionally ret*d; varying degrees of such, of course. I fear, and that's all I pretty much feel; I feel other emotions, but they're all disjointed, distorted and disturbed in their appearance [to events]. There's been one I've felt recently that's been...logical and "right" considering the events, considering everything; I've still behaved emotionally immature many times (so even when I feel the emotion correctly to the event, it's still disturbed in some way or another).

We have trouble with our emotions, and the emotions of others; the manifestations of such are vast, but we all have difficulties with our emotions, just like our social difficulties (which manifest differently in each individual too over the core areas of interaction).

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 11:53 am

The questions asked in this test have little to nothing to do with emotional intelligence. Liking one's self, needing praise, thinking about problems? Although the idea that my EQ is above average is quite nice.

I scored a 116.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 12:52 pm

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 2:00 pm