GUY ASPIES: Do women approach you then quickly reject you?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 6:41 pm

I bet some of you guys have seen it happen before: A beautiful woman approaches you with a big smile on her face. She attemps to make small talk. You say something aspiesh or break NT protocol and before you know it you go through the pain of seeing her smile swiftly vanish from her face. The next thing you know, she tells you she has to get going and walks away.

It sucks big time whenever something like this happens, doesn't it?

Whenever that happens to me, and it's happened many times, besides feeling like a complete moron, I also feel guilty for letting the woman down.

Can anyone identify?

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 6:54 pm

No, because no woman ever notices me.

geek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 6:56 pm

Yes, most aspies have weak small talk and flirting skills. People need to look a little deeper to find our most appealing traits, but many will not bother to do that.

vimster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2007, 7:04 pm

The small talk is the problem, I treat these encounters as a proper conversation and therefore break the rules.
It does depend on the woman though. It's a two-way thing and I sometimes find that the other person relies heavily on you to keep the conversation going, or at least that's how it feels.

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2007, 7:05 pm

I got slapped on the ass by a girl when I was in high school. I was bending over to get a soda out of the machine and it was a girl that I didn't know. Yeah... I acted negatively and let out a few choice swear words because i was suprised.

vimster

17 Oct 2007, 7:06 pm

devster21 wrote:
I got slapped on the ass by a girl when I was in high school. I was bending over to get a soda out of the machine and it was a girl that I didn't know. Yeah... I acted negatively and let out a few choice swear words because i was suprised.

In a situation like that though I'm never sure if they're making fun or just being a bit cheeky. Must get those mind-reading skills up to scratch.

BenJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2007, 7:48 pm

yes i can identify.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 7:49 pm

Dhp wrote:
No, because no woman ever notices me.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 8:54 pm

That is the worst. I sometimes get this, I think it's worse than being ignored. Soemtimes they'll even try more than once but I just don't know how to respond and then they leave. They expect small talk or something, but I just don't know what to do or say.

Sometimes a girl will ask me to come over and that is so awkward because I never know what to say, and when this happens she's usually surrounded by friends and I'm horrible in crowds. I wonder if they don't really want to talk to me but they knew what I am so they are messing with me in front of their friends.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 10:42 pm

Women approaching??? I don't even get that far.

Usually, due to my natural withdrawl from social interaction, even in large gatherings, I tend to be rather unapproachable. The only success w/ women I've ever had has been online where group status has no bearing.

YoshiyahuAvram
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2007, 10:52 pm

It's kind of normal for me.I was approached a few times and I don't know what to talk about when they try to initiate a conversation.They'll all end up leaving as if some disaster's gonna come. Usually I'm not interested or don't know about the topic that they talked about(fashion anyone?). Wonder how I'll fare when THE time comes for me to win a girls heart.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 11:24 pm

I rejected them.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 11:41 pm

It happens to me, yes. I was still kicking myself, just the other day, about one of these situations that transpired approx 2 years ago. A couple of months after it happend, I tried to redeem myself with her, but it was apparently too late. Arrrrg! I'm angry with myself about it right now, in fact.

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Oct 2007, 11:10 am

Yup. The pill tastes more bitter and is harder to swallow when people you know watched the whole thing happen.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 2:03 pm

I don't think this has ever happened to me. I did have one girl in class who seemed to be interested in me, but I didn't have a clue how to proceed, so sort of blew her off inadvertently (which is probably for the best, since I would have screwed up sooner or later).

If it was now, I'd ask you guys for advice about how to proceed, if she was interested, etc.

I did have these girls come up to me one time, but I'm 95% sure they were making fun of me.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 2:11 pm

I do get quite a lot of ladies approach 2wards me in my skool dayz they would go off nowadays i do get da opportunity 2 have a small chat nothin 2 long n it does work out although my best chances were on the train stations.