Why Aspies Don't Like Change(Sort of a Generalization)

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 6:58 am

My guess is if it's not broken don't try to fix it. Because if you try to alter it, and it doesn't work out, there is a risk that you may never get it back to being the same as before.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 7:04 am

A lot of times, change is NEEDLESS! It is often WORSE!

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 7:23 am

why do people have to change things around when they're just fine as they are. it's annoying

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2008, 8:16 am

I don't like change especially when I'm not properly warned at least a few hours in advance...

08 May 2008, 8:19 am

Causes anxiety, makes you feel like you're on another planet, makes you feel uncomfortable?

That's what it did to me but I learned to deal with it.

08 May 2008, 8:23 am

darkstone100 wrote:
why do people have to change things around when they're just fine as they are. it's annoying

If someone got a new furniture or something, in order to make room for it, they need to move furniture around to make room for it. That's one of the reasons for change.

I think another reason why they change it is because they get bored the way it is so they have to rearrange the room and they leave it that way till they get tired of it again. I hardly change things in my apartment. Only time I have changed my room or something was when I was cleaning and trying to make room so that's another reason for change.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

08 May 2008, 8:35 am

darkstone100 wrote:

In the military (and other sectors) when someone gets promoted to take over a shop they will figure out a "more efficient" layout for the shop and have everyone do a field day and rearrange the furniture. It establishes that they are getting the most out of available resources to their superiors (You promoted the right guy, boss), and puts their subordinates on notice that there is a new Sheriff in town.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 9:08 am

I like to get things going a certain way and if it works, leave it that way. However, some people insist on throwing a wrench into the works, not because of something wrong, but because they don't want you having any control.

I used to like to plan ahead for what I was going to do so I could prepare for it, and having something of a schedule was nice. However, my parents and sister would often disrupt it with random events that I could have been left out of, but my parents would force me into doing whatever it was my sister did. Not only did I not like what she did, I didn't like having my time randomly disrupted.

I think if we're happy, we should be left alone.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 10:37 am

PrisonerSix wrote:
I like to get things going a certain way and if it works, leave it that way. However, some people insist on throwing a wrench into the works, not because of something wrong, but because they don't want you having any control.

I used to like to plan ahead for what I was going to do so I could prepare for it, and having something of a schedule was nice. However, my parents and sister would often disrupt it with random events that I could have been left out of, but my parents would force me into doing whatever it was my sister did. Not only did I not like what she did, I didn't like having my time randomly disrupted.

Hear, hear! There are things I haven't changed in thirty years or more - I've tried it once or twice, but have always reverted to what I felt was the ideal solution.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 9:24 am

Icheb wrote:
PrisonerSix wrote:

Hear, hear! There are things I haven't changed in thirty years or more - I've tried it once or twice, but have always reverted to what I felt was the ideal solution.

That hasn't always been the case with me. There are some changes that have been forced on me over the years and to this day, I haven't been able to change them back.

There are times I long for the good old days.

trotz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2008, 10:41 am

During my lifetime, there have been many changes that have taken place. In American culture, things seem to change very quickly and often. Once I get used to something, I like to just see it remain the way it is. Unfortunately, some things just don't stay the same and I have difficulty adjusting.

There are things from the past that I would like to see return, one of which is a slower paced society.

Trident_infinity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2008, 11:05 am

I love change; I hate consistency, and repetitiveness. I'm more of a sprinter, than a long distance runner when it comes to life, I'm good at putting all my focus into one day, to get everything done, but I can't keep it up for every other day, lots of stops and starts, attacking, retreating then attacking again.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 11:08 am

I love change! If everything stays the exact same for a little while, I get bored out of my mind!

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2008, 11:23 am

Trident_infinity wrote:
I love change; I hate consistency, and repetitiveness. I'm more of a sprinter, than a long distance runner when it comes to life, I'm good at putting all my focus into one day, to get everything done, but I can't keep it up for every other day, lots of stops and starts, attacking, retreating then attacking again.

I'm the same way. :D

Change is scary, but it also can be a lot of fun. Boredom is true hell for me - I hate it with a passion. I've also found that if I approach things pro-actively, as opposed to re-actively, things go way better, and I get more respect.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 1:56 pm

trotz wrote:
During my lifetime, there have been many changes that have taken place. In American culture, things seem to change very quickly and often. Once I get used to something, I like to just see it remain the way it is. Unfortunately, some things just don't stay the same and I have difficulty adjusting.

There are things from the past that I would like to see return, one of which is a slower paced society.

I don't like alot of the changes that have come about in American culture in recent years. Seems like there's less openess, less tolerance, less compassion. All of that is going by the wayside.

There's no sense of honor anymore. Many see it as perfectly OK to give your word when it is convenient and break it when it no longer is. I can't stand the really sick society we have become, it's going to have to change sooner or later or we're headed for a crash.

weez
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2018, 3:29 pm

Most everyone feels this way if they are happy where they are, and who they are with, and what they are doing ...WHY CHANGE?

If the window is not broken why change the glass? I don't get it.

Some so called normal (i call them normies) people want control and they will do anything to get it. It just proves how out of control they are in my eyes.