Do you stay in your room most of the time?

Page 7 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:17 pm

TTRSage wrote:
I stay in my apartment alone about 99% of the time, emerging only to go shopping twice a week or to go walking. All the alphas just can't understand it and talk about me incessantly, causing me to seal them out even more strongly. I've been doing this for 62 years now. It would be nice to have one friend... but...

I know what that's like...I often think about how nice it would be to just have one good friend, but then I remind myself that I must protect myself and not allow myself to become vulnerable.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Delinquent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2013, 4:11 pm

Last spring, I didn't leave the house for 23 days once. I wasn't exactly trying to stay home... my husband asked when the last time I started my car was, and I had to think back about it... and then I realized I hadn't gone anywhere with him either. lol.

Nittrus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

I spend 96% of my time in my room, as it is the quietest room and lacks people, it is the only place I can be calm really anxiety wise.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

Yes, pretty much. Though since I'm living in a student dorm, I try to escape more often because it's never really quiet here and I tend to get overwhelmed very quickly.