any1 remember the 18 year old girl+48yo guy? manipulation

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2008, 1:08 am

i think that he's not manipulating me at all now and he's a nice person, but im guilty that i said that i didn't care about him after you guys said this and he doesn't know it. im guilty about a lot of things and i ask him if i should be guilty about something or not, but he might say that i am if he knows that i turned around my back for a while. im doubting if im taking advantage of the things im guilty about when i should really be guilty for the past things and things to come.

Shadow50
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2008, 1:16 am

Sorry, I must be Aspie, coz I can't understand what you are trying to say.

But:

Never regret the past, and make your own future.

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 1 Observatree Close, Pointless Forest, Low Countries

01 Dec 2008, 1:54 am

jus4u76 wrote:
i think that he's not manipulating me at all now and he's a nice person, but im guilty that i said that i didn't care about him[;]
after you guys said this and he doesn't know it. ???

im guilty about a lot of things and i COULD ask him if i should be guilty about something or not, but he might say that i am
if he knows that i turned around my back for a while. ???

im doubting if im taking advantage of the things im guilty about
when i should really be guilty for the past things and things to come.

does this help ?

may your god forgive you

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2008, 2:04 am

I still dont get it

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 2:40 am

I think we could use a little back story here.

Death_of_Pathos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2008, 3:04 am

jus4u76 wrote:
i think that he's not manipulating me at all now and he's a nice person, but im guilty that i said that i didn't care about him after you guys said this and he doesn't know it. im guilty about a lot of things and i ask him if i should be guilty about something or not, but he might say that i am if he knows that i turned around my back for a while. im doubting if im taking advantage of the things im guilty about when i should really be guilty for the past things and things to come.

Yeah you really need to put a lot more effort into making your posts decipherable...

I have to treat each one like it is some Da Vinci Code styled cryptex.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 3:14 am

Ditto to the above, but I still say that there is no good reason for a 48 year old man to give so much attention to an 18 year old.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 3:16 am

Methinks:

jus4u76 always feels guilty about all the bad things she ever even thought about doing,

and maybe she is feeling guilty about thinking about manipulating or being manipulated by a much older man somehow? Just a guess. Whatever it is is probably something no one else would feel as guilty about, and she probably needs to hear again that she doesn't need to feel guilty about it because whatever it is it's not so bad.
edit:

Quote:
Ditto to the above, but I still say that there is no good reason for a 48 year old man to give so much attention to an 18 year old.
I don't know this story, but whatever it is probably doesn't mean she should have a never-ending guilt trip about it.

Exile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2008, 3:56 am

The OP's post isn't clear to me either and I've read it several times in an attempt to discover its meaning.

There is a lot of syntactic ambiguity and even some semantic ambiguity there. My suggestion; try shorter sentences. Don't be afraid to punctuate.

Nothing wrong w/age differences, though. I've been w/women much younger and much older than myself. Manipulation, in these contexts, can be of either one by either one. Never can tell who's on top at first glance.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2008, 6:02 am

When I was under 16. Still school girl except didnt go. I had a bf who was 29, that didnt work out because we wasnt sexually compatiable. I guess cause I was still a girl. Then I moved in with a 40 year old who owned his own business. For awhile he slept on the couch because he felt bad and slept in his bed. Neither of us was being manipulative irrespective of age difference in both relationships.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

01 Dec 2008, 7:08 am

Oh I remember this one. Don't apologize for something you don't know you've done, or definitely haven't done. Don't feel guilty, unless you know you've done something wrong. Just be YOU. If he doesn't like that, he can f**k right off.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 8:59 am

what?

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 9:41 am

We need someone who can decipher valley girl talk to explain this to us.

jkennedy293
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Dec 2008, 10:31 am

I have trouble understanding women when they are coherent. This is impossible!!

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2008, 10:39 am

Lol, men they can be so dense!!
What dont you understand just ask or pm me. I am an expert.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 11:43 am

Ah I recognise the poster now...

jus4u76, if you want people to give you advice specific to your situation, you're going to have to give more backgound information, otherwise we're all a bit lost here.

"i think that he's [Q1: who's 'he'?]not manipulating me at all now and he's a nice person, but im guilty that i said that i didn't care about him after you guys said this and he doesn't know it. [Q2: He doesn't know what? That you said you don't care about him or that he doesn't know you said that after what people on WP wrote?]

im guilty about a lot of things and i ask him if i should be guilty about something or not, but he might say that i am [Q3: Have you actually asked him anything?] if he knows that i turned around my back for a while. im doubting if im taking advantage of the things im guilty about when i should really be guilty for the past things and things to come [Q4: okay, I'm really confused now. Why do you think you should be guilt for things about to come?]. "

Just wondering, are you feeling guilty for thinking something about someone, despite never actually saying it to them? Don't waste your time! You haven't hurt their feelings- they're oblivious to your thoughts- but you might if you actually tell them you thought they were manipulating them (in this case). If you've been acting rudely or have offended them, by all means apologise, but don't beat yourself up for stuff you haven't actually done!