Does my 12 year old girl have psychological issues?

Page 3 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 5:31 am

nightbender wrote:
Kirska wrote:
nightbender wrote:
Kirska wrote:
I highly doubt every psychiatrist is a scam artist. :roll:

well their are a few good ones like dr. breggin and dr. tomas szaz who speak out against the proffesion and dont proscribe drugs.

BUt for the most part every psychiatrist is in fact a scam artist because he misrepresents himself claiming to treat a diseases that have never been proven to exist.

Then the flaw is in the actual psychiatry practice at this point in time, not the psychiatrists themselves. If anything they're misinformed. They're not out to scam and harm people.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some are, but to write off all of them as scam artists is just silly.

yes thats what is. however, most people who become psychiatrists are sociopaths and people with mental problems themselves, who gravitate toward the proffesion because they get off on lording over people and filling their pockets. very few people become psychiatrists because they care.

Wow, that is a completely wrong and biased assumption to have of all psychiatrists! Maybe you had a bad experience with a psychiatrist, but I certainly would not go as far to say they are sociopaths. Sociopaths are people who murder and have a general disregard for human life, in case this was a matter of you simply not understanding the extent of labeling someone with that personality type.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 9:20 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
Wow, that is a completely wrong and biased assumption to have of all psychiatrists! Maybe you had a bad experience with a psychiatrist, but I certainly would not go as far to say they are sociopaths. Sociopaths are people who murder and have a general disregard for human life, in case this was a matter of you simply not understanding the extent of labeling someone with that personality type.

I would have to agree with this again. I have only met 2 psychiatrists in my life, and both of them were very caring individuals.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 11:21 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
nightbender wrote:
Kirska wrote:
nightbender wrote:
Kirska wrote:

well their are a few good ones like dr. breggin and dr. tomas szaz who speak out against the proffesion and dont proscribe drugs.

BUt for the most part every psychiatrist is in fact a scam artist because he misrepresents himself claiming to treat a diseases that have never been proven to exist.

Then the flaw is in the actual psychiatry practice at this point in time, not the psychiatrists themselves. If anything they're misinformed. They're not out to scam and harm people.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some are, but to write off all of them as scam artists is just silly.

yes thats what is. however, most people who become psychiatrists are sociopaths and people with mental problems themselves, who gravitate toward the proffesion because they get off on lording over people and filling their pockets. very few people become psychiatrists because they care.

no i really do have a good understanding. the bricks in the rotten ediface of psychiatry are being exposed to the public, and the public doesnt like it.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 11:22 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
nightbender wrote:
Kirska wrote:
nightbender wrote:
Kirska wrote:

more people have been killed is psychiatric wards thans all the wars in the world since world war one.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 11:29 am

She actually sounds pretty similar to me when I was twelve. Twelve is really just a tough age to go through. It was one of the worst years of my life, and it sounds like it'll be no different for her. Don't worry, I'm sure you can both get through it. Things will get better eventually. :)

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 1:55 pm

nightbender wrote:
http://alternativementalhealth.com/ezine/Ezine20.htm
http://www.mindfreedom.org/kb/mental-he ... 20recovery

Natural treatment of mental disorders huh? I guess cause we all know the reason the FDA isn't passing regulations on imported herbs, is just cause they don't like them. Not for any substantial reason like, I don't know, sometimes those herbs are grown in a place where they may have things inside them that could kill people. That the amount in each pill isn't regulated unlike with psychoanalytical drugs. I don't really see how ending up with a fatal disease inherited from taking a unregulated herb from some 3rd world country, would help a mental disorder.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 2:01 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
nightbender wrote:

Natural treatment of mental disorders huh? I guess cause we all know the reason the FDA isn't passing regulations on imported herbs, is just cause they don't like them. Not for any substantial reason like, I don't know, sometimes those herbs are grown in a place where they may have things inside them that could kill people. That the amount in each pill isn't regulated unlike with psychoanalytical drugs. I don't really see how ending up with a fatal disease inherited from taking a unregulated herb from some 3rd world country, would help a mental disorder.

first psychiatric drugs are not tested by the fda

second i take several herbs from third world nations along with other for various issues related to mental problems and unwanted psych drug treatment

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 3:24 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
nightbender wrote:

things that kill people like psychiatric drugs? I dont see a how a pharmacetuical can help an envirmonetally created pshychological issue. wich are not in any way genetic.

psychotic_jester
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2008, 3:36 pm

nightbender wrote:

things that kill people like psychiatric drugs? I dont see a how a pharmacetuical can help an envirmonetally created psychological issue. which are not in any way genetic.

seriously, please ignore this guy, read all his posts, he's very obviously schizophrenic. Ironically if you track his online handle, you can find he took a personality test that said he's a sociopath....Uh...weren't you calling psychiatrist sociopaths? SERISOULY! Stop it.....psychology, the psychiatric field, and pharmaceutical companies are wonderful. They do tons to help people make their lives better. I know, I'm on real meds and happy, I would be dead without them right now. Herbs didn't do jack to help me. Please please please STOP TALKING....everyone, ignore him, if you feel you may have mental health issues seek out a doctor, get help, get whatever meds you need. You cannot cure this with diet and herbs. It doesn't happen!

"we used to steal countries through the cunning use of flags, just sail around the world and stick a flag in. I CLAIM INDIA FOR BRITAIN! You can't claim us...we live here...500,000,000 of us...Do you have a flag?" - Eddie Izzard

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 4:49 pm

capriwim wrote:
I would also add that hearing voices is a lot more common than people realise

I heard (in a science programme on radio) of a research paper reporting that about 10% of people hear voices at some point in their lives. Psychologists don't see most of those people, because most of those voices say things that are not a problem, so the affected people don't see psychologists. It took a survey to find them. Psychologists see those whose voices are a problem.

I heard a psychologist say that cognitive behavioural therapy is better at treating auditory hallucinations than drugs, but that the combination of cognitive behavioural therapy and drugs is worse than either alone. So there are alternatives to drugs.

psychotic_jester seems the best informed person to have contributed to the thread so far, and the point about partial seizures is a good one. I also think that is worth checking.

Any action you take depends very much on your daughter's cooperation. I take it as a good sign that she asked you about voices. How about telling your daughter that hearing voices doesn't mean someone is a danger to themselves and others, but that it is worth checking out, and you would be willing to help her friend, with the permission of the friend's parents, of course. Let her think about that for a while, see whether she gets back to you. If she doesn't bring up the subject again, you could be a bit more direct, and ask whether her sleeping on the sofa because she can hear people outside her room means that she is worried she might be hearing voices.

psychotic_jester
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2008, 4:59 pm

Gromit wrote:
capriwim wrote:
I would also add that hearing voices is a lot more common than people realise

I heard (in a science programme on radio) of a research paper reporting that about 10% of people hear voices at some point in their lives. Psychologists don't see most of those people, because most of those voices say things that are not a problem, so the affected people don't see psychologists. It took a survey to find them. Psychologists see those whose voices are a problem.

I heard a psychologist say that cognitive behavioural therapy is better at treating auditory hallucinations than drugs, but that the combination of cognitive behavioural therapy and drugs is worse than either alone. So there are alternatives to drugs.

psychotic_jester seems the best informed person to have contributed to the thread so far, and the point about partial seizures is a good one. I also think that is worth checking.

Any action you take depends very much on your daughter's cooperation. I take it as a good sign that she asked you about voices. How about telling your daughter that hearing voices doesn't mean someone is a danger to themselves and others, but that it is worth checking out, and you would be willing to help her friend, with the permission of the friend's parents, of course. Let her think about that for a while, see whether she gets back to you. If she doesn't bring up the subject again, you could be a bit more direct, and ask whether her sleeping on the sofa because she can hear people outside her room means that she is worried she might be hearing voices.

Thanks for the acknowledgment LOL...You're right, alot of people do hear voices. The extent that they hear the voices and if they are disturbing is the important part. That's the important part for all psychological things, if it causes the person distress then it can be a problem/disorder.

As far as treatment, CBT(cognitive behavioral therapy) and drugs combined isn't a bad treatment it just depends on the situation. Most of the time for severe hallucinations, drugs are required. But CBT in combination with the drugs can help people learn to cope without drugs, or at least lessen the need for drugs. Sometimes if the hallucinations are mild, CBT alone will help enough without drugs being required. The best thing to do is have a professional evaluate the situation then follow the recommended path of treatment.

"we used to steal countries through the cunning use of flags, just sail around the world and stick a flag in. I CLAIM INDIA FOR BRITAIN! You can't claim us...we live here...500,000,000 of us...Do you have a flag?" - Eddie Izzard

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 6:55 pm

nightbender wrote:

second i take several herbs from third world nations along with other for various issues related to mental problems and unwanted psych drug treatment

Uh... what?

http://neurotransmitter.net/drug_reference.html

"FDA Approved Psychiatric Drugs"

Not to mention the FDA site mentions psychiatric drugs in multiple places.

psychotic_jester
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2008, 7:00 pm

Kirska wrote:
nightbender wrote:

Uh... what?

http://neurotransmitter.net/drug_reference.html

"FDA Approved Psychiatric Drugs"

Not to mention the FDA site mentions psychiatric drugs in multiple places.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING! nightbender is crazy....He's just making up random information. None of it has any proof and it is going to mis-direct people...don't listen to his mindless babble.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 8:34 pm

psychotic_jester wrote:
nightbender wrote:

things that kill people like psychiatric drugs? I dont see a how a pharmacetuical can help an envirmonetally created psychological issue. which are not in any way genetic.

seriously, please ignore this guy, read all his posts, he's very obviously schizophrenic. Ironically if you track his online handle, you can find he took a personality test that said he's a sociopath....Uh...weren't you calling psychiatrist sociopaths? SERISOULY! Stop it.....psychology, the psychiatric field, and pharmaceutical companies are wonderful. They do tons to help people make their lives better. I know, I'm on real meds and happy, I would be dead without them right now. Herbs didn't do jack to help me. Please please please STOP TALKING....everyone, ignore him, if you feel you may have mental health issues seek out a doctor, get help, get whatever meds you need. You cannot cure this with diet and herbs. It doesn't happen!

please please dont listen to this person, he doestn know jack.

you really can healing emotional mental issues with natural methods
there was even a pbs special on the brain with dr. daniel amen testifying how effective natural methods are
im going to be getting his book and then linking the references.

really seriously everything i have said is 100% true. im not blowing this out my tail pipe.
and your going to believe a okcupid test? ok first of personally attacking me thats real low, ever heard of ad-hominen? i have been tested independatly by a
nueropsychologist and psychologist one who confirmed i niether have a thought disorder nor show any sighn of schizophrenia.

I have been to nut house under bogus circumstances and seen the system for what it is.
a sadist money making scheme.

AND WHAT THE HELL are you doing checking up on me. that ok cupid id is not the id i use here. SO you call me a sociopath but your the one stalking me? #$%^& hypocrite
im pretty sure cyber stalking is a crime.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran