Page 4 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2008, 5:38 pm

BastetsEye wrote:
I got 26.

But I pretty much had to guess on all of them, because not once did I think the faces looked like what the options were.

Me too

MOA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Dec 2008, 6:11 pm

Morgana wrote:
MOA wrote:

You bring out the biggest difficulty for Aspies (as I understand it from my AS son)--while NTs typically don't have to think too much about reading the body language or what to say for that matter, Aspies do. I imagine it to be like a first time visitor to New York trying to catch a subway train. By the time he/she figures out how to catch it, it's already gone. Is this correct from your perspective?

I don´t know if anyone answered your question yet, but that is often how it feels from my perspective, particularly with less straightforward interactions. For instance, if a man starts to suddenly flirt with me, by the time I figure out what he said, wonder if he was flirting- (sometimes I´m not sure)- think about what to say, wonder how direct or indirect I´m supposed to be....well, needless to say, the moment is gone. So I end up saying nothing. I wish I could just rewind everything, like I do sometimes when watching films.

Thanks for answering the question. I suspected it must be like that. With my ADHD I have a terrible time making sense of what someone is saying to me in crowds because I cannot screen the persons voice from other sounds in the environment very well. It's sort of like standing in a crowded, noisy airport trying to understand what someone standing 50 feet away is saying to you. My son's dad has the same trouble, as he is hearing impaired and wears hearing aids. They pick up not just people's voices, but every clank of every fork, knife, and spoon in the restaurant! Guess we all have our challenges with communicaiton...

ike
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 9:38 pm

Morgana wrote:
MOA wrote:

You bring out the biggest difficulty for Aspies (as I understand it from my AS son)--while NTs typically don't have to think too much about reading the body language or what to say for that matter, Aspies do. I imagine it to be like a first time visitor to New York trying to catch a subway train. By the time he/she figures out how to catch it, it's already gone. Is this correct from your perspective?

I don´t know if anyone answered your question yet, but that is often how it feels from my perspective, particularly with less straightforward interactions. For instance, if a man starts to suddenly flirt with me, by the time I figure out what he said, wonder if he was flirting- (sometimes I´m not sure)- think about what to say, wonder how direct or indirect I´m supposed to be....well, needless to say, the moment is gone. So I end up saying nothing. I wish I could just rewind everything, like I do sometimes when watching films.

That's historically been a real issue for me... I know that there have been several occasions on which I've been told second-hand that someone was flirting with me, but by the time I realized it (or was told), it was too late to respond to it.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 10:31 pm

15. Last time I got 12

jamilyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2009, 10:21 pm

i agree w/ elderwanda about the quality of the test. i scored 26. i found the test difficult and spent a lot of time on it, tho. but, i don't know how i'd do given a time limit.

i've always felt i was good at first impressions, like, i can get a good feel for what people are all about. on the other hand, i have a very hard time figuring out what someone is thinking or feeling at any given time.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 11:29 pm

My score was 26.
I was expecting it to be much worse because I wasn't sure, so I had to guess on most of them. Which is wierd, because before I started the test, I thought it would be easy & I'd have no problem & would get most of them.

The eyes are the same eyes that were on another test I took fromt his very same forum not too long ago. Only it was a different test.

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 11:42 pm

I scored 25. I checked the ones I got wrong and I don't get where the answers came to be.

"Vortex of Freedom" Radio Show
Saturdays 6PM Eastern - 5PM Central
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maditude

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 12:12 am

Morgana wrote:
Another thought....(this is an interesting subject!)

When I interact with people, even though I am able nowadays to look people in the eye- I realize I do it, in a way, more for them than I do for me! I have learned that most people want you to look directly at them, and since I have been able to do it, people treat me better than when I don´t look at them. However, in looking at them, I rarely see anything (expression wise) in the eyes, unless it´s quite big (like sudden shock). I rely much more often on other clues, like what the mouth is doing, or furrows in the brow, etc. So this eye test is kind of interesting...the eyes alone are kind of hard for me, if it´s a more subtle expression.

Wow. That's exactly how it is with me, I couldn't have said it any better :D .

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

15 Feb 2009, 12:30 am

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 5:16 pm

Here is how I scored:
I think the reason for my getting all 36 correct is because I answered all the questions by reacting to my intuition (i.e., gut feeling) without allowing myself time to think.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 5:23 pm

I got 22.
I have gotten better with eyes over the past few years, probably due to actually attempting to look at them.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 5:35 pm

I got 24. I think it is an easy test because the multiple choice answers were broad. When I saw the eyes I knew they were either positive or negative emotions being portrayed so that often threw out several of the multiple choice answers.

SolarSystem
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Oct 2010, 6:46 pm

31, not bad at all. Most seemed quite obvious to me. I didn't spend more than a few seconds on each question.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

11 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

28. My AQ score was 32 and my nonverbal IQ score was 142. [Nonverbal IQ correlates positively with facial recognition accuracy, and I suspect high nonverbal IQ male aspies probably would obtain high scores like regular NT males, so I suspect this test isn't too discriminative for that sub-population.]

andriarose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2011, 3:39 pm

I had this test as part of my actual assessment, and I scored 14.
It was all guessing, and everything I didn't get right I interpreted as a negative expression.

I actually had to have the assessor repeat the directions 3 times because it didn't make sense to me - I didn't understand how I was supposed to pick an emotion to represent a pair of eyes. I figured it must be something along the lines of a Rorschach test. When I was done, she had to carefully explain to me for a good 20 minutes that people express emotions with their eyes.

I had lived 22 years without knowing that let alone understanding it. I had never felt so stupid in my entire life. :(

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2011, 3:43 pm

I got a 30 on this one. But most of the time my first guess(without looking at the choices) wasn't listed.