Famous people with asperger's - Where's a list of them?

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 12:34 am

Woodpecker wrote:
About Peter the Great, What evidence exists to suggest that he had AS.

The cutting off of your wife's lover's head and forcing your wife to keep it in a bottle of alcohol could be something which an angry NT man might do. I know that today if you discover your partner is cheating on you, you are not allowed to kill people becuase it is wrong to commit murder.

But years ago if you discovered your wife was cheating on you then a duel was one way some people would deal with it. If a NT man was a brutal king and thus able to get away with it then he might do something like that.

Theres actually quite a bit moreso than any king I can think of.

He was obsessed with ships, armies, and western europe.

To an extreme point, that he was hated by the russian nobility.

Initially he was seen as a child trying to live out obsessive fantasies.

Had a toy army, toy navy etc.

Pretty much his whole career was based on the idea that he wanted to play with ships.

He completely rejected political status, detested politics unless it helped him get boats.

Was known to be very shy, and politically very awkward.

He went to the extreme of visiting western europe while trying to pretend he wasnt the king. All so nothing could get in the way of his desire to learn ship building.

If he wasnt an aspies he was bloody close to the spectrum.

outlander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2015, 9:00 am

On another board where the Asperger's topic came up incidentally, the question was posed as to whether Asperger's syndrome is a phenomenon that has developed recently or if it has been around a long time. I proposed the following evidence that it has been around a long time. The site has a partial Christian theme, hence the reference that chose as an example:

The diagnosis is recent in that Dr. Hans Asperger did his work in the 1940's but it lay mostly neglected and dormant until someone else circa the 1980's working with some children noticed that Dr. Asperger, had already described the pattern. And to her credit, (as I remember it was a woman), rather than stick her name on it, honored Dr. Asperger's contribution and left his name on it.

However there have always been gifted academics who were total social klutzes.

Some here may be familiar with the Name Alexander Cruden (1699-1770) who wrote Cruden's Concordance, the first systematic concordance of the Bible (much of it prepared while he was in an asylum). It takes little expertise to read his life history at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Cruden [1]to realize (however dicey it may be to try to diagnose historical figures) that his life story matches the "Social Klutz, Savant" pattern that so very well characterizes so many Aspies. The level of classic "hyper focus" manifested in cataloging every Greek and Hebrew word in the entirety of the Bible, and scientifically organizing it, 200 years before the availability of computers and word processors is "Sooooo Aspie :roll: ".

-------------------
[1]
Less available but possibly equally or more authoritative is:
Alexander Cruden, Cruden's Unabridged Concordance, Fleming H. Revell Company, Old Tappan, New Jersey, Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 54-11084, 21st Printing January 1972, "Sketch of The Life and Character of Alexander Cruden "Preface Pages xii-xv