Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 4:59 pm

does being an aspergie cause physical weakness..? or weakness in general?.. ive been soo weak lately and i cant figure out why.. maybe its from something else but i dont know.. or maybe because i havent left the appartment enough..

also a question i would like to ask is does anybody else fear going outside sometimes?.. i only do because this town is too full of people and i hate confrontation on the streets.. in this town people are kind of rude and it makes it hard to have a quiet walk

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 5:26 pm

People with Asperger's usually have normal physical strength, but have problems with coordination and fine motor skills.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2008, 5:39 pm

A lot of people with AS have a high metabolism which means low muscle mass.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 5:42 pm

JWRed wrote:

are you serius?
btw aspies have higher mental strenght sinds i can keep soem things up what other people cant by consentrating in my mind other from the thing your doing

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Sep 2008, 5:46 pm

I think people with Asperger's can be in good physical shape, but like one poster said, motor and coordination skills are the weaknesses.

you will jouney from boy to man

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 5:57 pm

I'm sure I've read somewhere about upper body strength sometimes not being so good.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 5:57 pm

JWRed wrote:

SINCE WHEN!?!?!?!?!? I have heard about studies going back over 70 years! They ALL say......

1. Exercise can build muscle.
2. Muscle INCREASES metabolism.
3. Metabolism INCREASES fat loss.
4. Lack of exercise causes atrophy.
5. Atrophy INCREASES fat, assuming an equal calorie intake.

Are you going to go against ALL fat loss experts, body building experts, etc.... and claim what you did?

Maybe you are confusing metabolism with the heart rate. Ironically, atrophy can affect the heart as well. In such a case, the heart isn't as forceful, and smaller muscles aren't as efficient, so they overwork, and the heart rate can climb up. Still, on an overall cellular level, the metabolism DROPS!

Anyway, I think I started out STRONGER than average. I probably should have kept it up, etc... I used to LOVE situps. I would have loved pushups, etc... OH WELL.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:05 pm

my fine motor skills are great.. but i cant gain muscle, or i can but i cant keep it cause it goes away.. and then i feel so weak and tired.. like right now..

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:08 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
my fine motor skills are great.. but i cant gain muscle, or i can but i cant keep it cause it goes away.. and then i feel so weak and tired.. like right now..

omg thats exactualy what wrong with me to sinds i train and i train and when i stop one day its like -1000 skill so anoying isnt it :|

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:11 pm

yes it makes things difficult..

i could only start building body weight when i started eating homemade tacos every week.. id buy 2 pounds of beef and it was amazing, i enjoyed it.. tastes great, and i still do even..but if im not intaking huge amounts of protein and stuff then i have no chance it seems...

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:23 pm

No. Autism does not cause muscle weakness. Some kids have poor muscle tone, but that is present from very early on. I would guess this is unrelated to your Asperger's.

Inactivity does cause a loss of muscle mass, but I'm not sure it's that quick. It depends on just how inactive you were, for how long. If you're not completely inactive, your hands probably won't lose any muscle tone at all, so you might check to see whether that's the same--if your hands are fine (you are likely using them even if you're sedentary) then it's probably inactivity.

This could be a side effect of medication, an illness, the result of stress or poor nutrition, environmental things like heat or dust, exhaustion... If it is worrying, do call your doctor and ask whether you need to come for an exam, because it could be something that needs treatment.

If I feel physically weak, I can almost always count on one of three causes: Heat, not enough sleep, or having my period. Obviously guys don't need to worry about that last one. :)

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Last edited by Callista on 06 Sep 2008, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:25 pm

it's not recent ive been this way forever.. i just cant keep on the muscle.. :x but sometimes i feel really weak.. today i do..

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:27 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
does being an aspergie cause physical weakness..? or weakness in general?.. ive been soo weak lately and i cant figure out why.. maybe its from something else but i dont know.. or maybe because i havent left the appartment enough..

also a question i would like to ask is does anybody else fear going outside sometimes?.. i only do because this town is too full of people and i hate confrontation on the streets.. in this town people are kind of rude and it makes it hard to have a quiet walk

I fear going outside sometimes. It's usually too stressful and I prefer staying at home anyways. Occasionally, I will actually feel like leaving the house. I'm also afraid of seeing someone I know and having to talk to them or greet them.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:27 pm

Oops, OK then :) Guess my post was pretty useless then!

Are you very flexible? Lots of times with generally poor muscle tone you will also have high flexibility.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:31 pm

Callista wrote:
Oops, OK then :) Guess my post was pretty useless then!

Are you very flexible? Lots of times with generally poor muscle tone you will also have high flexibility.

Ummm.... no not really.. Ahaha! xD not more than normal..

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:32 pm

x_amount_of_words wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:

I fear going outside sometimes. It's usually too stressful and I prefer staying at home anyways. Occasionally, I will actually feel like leaving the house. I'm also afraid of seeing someone I know and having to talk to them or greet them.

Yeah.. i walked to the store not long ago and i couldnt stand being around people.. i had a hard time at the counter.. but usually im not like that!.. usually i dont mind interaction!.. please let it be a phase :cry: