Page 11 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Gusman98
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Oct 2014, 2:10 am

mollydooker wrote:
New member here (NT, or so I'm told)...arrived @ this site in the course of research/info gathering. I'm going to start hanging out here more - you guys are hysterical - seriously. I almost experienced terminal bladder malfunction after reading a couple of these posts (Firebird's and the oooOOOooooOOOOoooo guy, among others). Some of you missed your calling - you should put pen to page, don the sunglasses, and embark on the standup comedy circuits - and that is sincerely meant :). I've laughed more in the last 20 min than I can remember...I look forward to making new friends here! Peace out & best wishes for a great week for all...just call me 'Lefty' :wink:

Hey leftie. Not having a go at you or anything, but some people could find that a bit offensive. You see, we aspies are very different from NTs and what we have been talking about is actually quite normal. Many of us our bullied because they find how we work amusing, also because we're simply different.

But I do recognise your point of view (My current aspie obsession is aspie and NT interactions). We do seem very weird and sometimes comical, but just be careful when you say that because it can hurt people.

May your works be fruitful Leftie, Cya.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 2:46 am

Here's a curveball:

You must have an IQ above 70 to be considered as having Asperger's.

But you must also have an IQ above 70 to be considered NT.

If you have an IQ below 70, you're learning disabled, and thus do not possess a relatively typical neurology.

The social definition of 'neurotypical' ignores this, however.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 10:57 am

In a previous post, I jest' that I had an IQ of 1024. For anyone who doesn't know, in the world of computers, 1024 is the magic number.

Memory is usually measured in the megabyte (1024 kilobytes)

My IQ is supposed to be 167 but I place little stock in that!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! because I can be dumb as an ox at times!! !!

Go figure!! !

(too many exclamation marks, I know. I dunno. Ilove 'em :)

I do however have an Eidetic memory. I see things from memory in still shots.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.