Yup. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Uh-huh. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Indeed. 8) 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 7

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:57 pm

Thank you for explaining things, mikeman. Is it OK if I join in as a Pokemon? If so, someone please let me know when my entrance won't be interrupting anything important :D

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:54 am

I suppose it should be noted that I had planned for the alternate Mike to be in that space plane that was shot down, and I am sticking to that. He will just survive the crash, possibly with injuries.

@dragonsanddemons, sounds good. Are you thinking of a Team Rocket Meowth style talking Pokemon or a telepathic Pokemon to make communication between characters easier? If not I would suggest it. At the moment we are at a part where we are trying to figure out what should happen next, so if you want to join now then go ahead.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:19 am

Yeah, it is fine. :) However, if you're gonna be a Pokemon, I don't mean to be nitpicky but there's a couple of things:

a) It can't be a legendary.

b) I'd rather it not talk like a human. However, if you wanna make it communicate through telepathy or writing, that's fine.

Now may not be the best time to join as I'm trying to move onto the next day (in-story,) but once we start the next morning that would be a good time to come in. :mrgreen:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:44 am

OK, I was planning on a Bagon that might be able to write if necessary, but otherwise would be just like any other.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 5:38 am

Mikeman, cool flashback scene. :) Lillikoi, I think wrapping up the party is a good idea, except for this crash landing. :lol: Mikeman, I didn't have Guinan react to it, aside from looking out the window, because I didn't know how much our characters could see and hear from inside.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:39 am

Also, Lilli is starting to get sick. This is going to develop into a further plot point, where eventually they're going to become bedridden. 8O

However, at this point they aren't going to mention it to anybody because they want to seem that they're fine.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:49 am

I'm a bit confused. Are Kiki and Mars back inside with the others, or still outside? Now we have the crashed ship, can the other characters see it? How far is it? Should we have everyone investigate?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 11:44 am

DataB4 wrote:
I'm a bit confused. Are Kiki and Mars back inside with the others, or still outside? Now we have the crashed ship, can the other characters see it? How far is it? Should we have everyone investigate?

Ki and Mars went inside. As for the crash, the flames coming from the left engine and the exhaust plume coming from the right engine would make it very noticeable especially against a dark sky so everyone would probably notice it. I don't have any plans for them investigating it though.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:10 am

Welp, I finally deus ex machina'd
Umbria and Gristle out of there. :D The whole day has been wrapped up in three posts.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:46 am

I'm waiting until people are outside to join in. It would be a bit weird for a random Pokemon to show up indoors :)

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 5:45 am

I was hoping that as we slowed down the game, characters would either come back or wrap up their storylines. But Midnightstar and all her characters seem to be awol, plus Dan and Rose, Umbria, and Gristle. What should we do about them?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 1:15 pm

I already got rid of Umbria and Gristle leave because they didn't really have any purpose to be there, but they'll be coming back when our characters visit Graphea to stop the invasion. Dan is gone, and I'm pretty sure Midnightstar isn't coming back. I don't know how to get rid of their characters "gracefully" except by saying they left.

If you'd like to, you or someone else could take over for Dan and Rose. But I'm afraid I don't have the time to do that. :(

Sorry about the slowdown in pace. As school started, I am finding that I am running out of time to write. I'm afraid it will probably be like that from now on. :( Most likely the only time I can be active in the RP is on weekends. But I will let you know if I'm going to be gone for an extended period of time.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 2:03 pm

I don't remember doing a scene to get rid of Umbria and Gristle. Makes sense that they're back home for now though.

It's tough without Midnightstar because all the characters were originally staying in Laura's hideout. I have an idea to get rid of their characters for now though: have them called away to some special tournament of champions or something. And maybe Q has something to do with the separation if needed.

The other issue is that I'm not a Pokemon fan. I learned what I know from watching some episodes and reading the Pokemon DB. So I might make lots of mistakes if I take over for Dan and Rose. I could try though. Actually we could all play Dan and Rose as NPCs the way we've played Q. Same goes for Emma if you want her around. Except I can't play Emma because I don't know her background.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:13 am

I'm actually planning on having March's past self come in in a little bit, and I was wondering if I could have him run into Luke and alternate Mike? :?:

But before I do that, I have to have Lilli finish answering Mike's question. What Lilli's gonna say is really cool, just a little bit of exposition about their world and the history of their species. 8)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:19 am

I'm still around and wanting to participate, if anyone's wondering - there just isn't really anything for Bagon to be doing right now (which is OK, I can wait :) )

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:35 pm

[Sorry that I haven't posted anything for so long...I've been trying to create/find/discover a universal character [or two] that I really like and can carry from book to book, and then add to this thread. So far I haven't really been successful. Any suggestions?]
I know I posted this twice, but I thought I'd put it on both threads.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII