Page 106 of 128 [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 128  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 3:34 pm

^Yikes, indeed. 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 3:44 pm

I wonder if Reuniclus was made because of that? It's supposedly based on cell division, but it looks more like a weird alien fetus to me.

Or a Homunculus.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:28 pm

I think it's supposed to be a cell that's in the middle of dividing, which is why it's the same on both sides. 8)

Like this.

See that line along the middle? That's where the cell's dividing in two. That's like the line running along the middle of Reuniclus.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:30 pm

^Oh, I get it. [I like my idea better, though. :P ]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:33 pm

^
*looks up the word Homunculus*

What the heck is THIS?! 8OImage

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:36 pm

^I have no idea. 8O Where on the internet were you looking???

Normally I would advise against it, but try wikipedia.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:56 pm

Google Images.

The bane of my existence.
That which has scarred my life... :lmao: 8O :eew:

This is what Wikipedia has to say:

Quote:
A homunculus (/hoʊˈmʌŋkjᵿləs/; Latin for "little man", plural: "homunculi"; from the masculine diminutive form of homo, "man") is a representation of a small human being. Popularized in sixteenth-century alchemy and nineteenth-century fiction, it has historically referred to the creation of a miniature, fully formed human. The concept has roots in preformationism as well as earlier folklore and alchemic traditions.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 5:00 pm

^No kidding. :roll:

I first heard about homunculus [homunculi?] in Dragon Rider.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

I must go. Have a pleasant afternoon/evening! :sunny:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

^Bye.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Mar 2017, 10:36 am

Here, kitty-kitty! :alien:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 1:30 pm

Mew. Mew mew mew.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:12 am

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 2:32 am

Lillikoi wrote:
^
*looks up the word Homunculus*

What the heck is THIS?! 8OImage

that's a visual representation of the density of touch receptors in the body; size of body parts in that image is directly proportional to sensitivity of that body part to tactile perception.

obviously, palms, fingertips and lips are very sensitive. the back...not so much.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 11:50 am

^...Oh... 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 3:50 pm