Page 2 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 252  Next

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 7:22 pm

"Pokemon, huh? Interesting. Where I'm from technology is much more advanced then it appears to be here, space travel is commonplace, and there is a massive interplanetary colonization war going on for resources in the Solar System. That's it in a nutshell anyway."

Sam interrupts "Uhh, Mike? You might want to see this."
Mike: "What is it? Can it wait?"
Sam: "Well, depends. I was just going through some sensor data and a few hours ago I picked up a strange space-time disturbance."
Mike: "What kind of disturbance?"
Sam: "The readings are consistent with a wormhole being opened a few miles west of us in the city."
Mike: "Another wormhole?!"
Sam: "I don't know what else it could be."
Mike: "Laura, if you don't mind let's walk while we talk because I want to check this out."

(They are still speaking French, so Laura will understand all of that)

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 9:25 pm

"Kay! She said happily. Back to her cheerfull self. She followed closely behind him, her hands clasped behind her back. "But.. Exactly where is it?" She asked.

Oddy-

Oddish looked back at the alleyway she met Laura. Tears formed in his eyes. Oddish ued double team, and half of the oddish ran one way and half styaed with her.

The wormhole that opened that Mike mentioned was in vert plaza, where Lillie and oddish were hanging out. Oddy ean up to laura and brushed his leaves against her legs.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm

^^
(ooc) Sorry, I'm a little confused what's going on.

Is the Oddish that Lilli met different from the one Laura knows, or is it the same one?

(bic) Mmm, cold night. Lilli wrapped their tail around themself--

Wait. They didn't have a tail.

Shoot, no. Something- something had to be wrong.

They looked.

Fleshy hands.... normal.
Fleshy arms-- did they shave or something?
Fleshy face- oh my gods, this couldn't be real.

They needed a puddle, a mirror, something, to-to check--
Window! They scurried over to the window. Oh god, please no, please no--

Quivering hands uncovered their face...

No.

Looking back at Lilli was not their own face, but a human's.

For blocks around a scream could be heard.

"SCREW YOU, ELDRED SALAZAAAAAR!"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 10:46 pm

"Well, I don't have much information about the event so I can't tell very much about it." replied Sam.
Mike: "What about the data from my gravitometer? We could use that data in combination with yours to narrow it down, it's not enough to properly triangulate the source but it should give us a better idea of where it came from."
Sam: "Why didn't I think of that? Send me the data now."

Mike sends the gravitometer data to Sam and Sam sends back the approximate source location. The display on Mike's arm becomes a map of the surrounding area complete with holographic buildings and terrain with the calculated source of the disturbance marked as a red dot. "Accurate to within 20 meters, not bad Sam. Let's go."

Deviant Art

Last edited by mikeman7918 on 26 Jun 2016, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 11:49 pm

Lilli had figured they had just warped really far. Somewhere really far from home. But somewhere, still, from which they could return.

But, now, this- this shattered all of that.

Humans-- where Lilli came from-- were all but myth. But here, humans were everywhere.
They'd thought, thought they might be in another part of the Earth.

There was still very little communication in her world. There were dragons and wizards and magic on their travels, so why not humans and Pokemon?
Could they just be co-existing, for centuries, unaware of each other's existence?

Lilli's was a very isolationist world. Countries rarely interacted with each other except to go to war-- and even then wars were few and far-between.

At fifteen they thought they had seen the world, but their travels with Teach had proven they had much, much left to see.

But this? This technology they had?
To shrink a ten-foot monster in a ball the size of one's fist?
To store them in computers and then withdraw them in physical form? That was physically impossible.
There was no way the laws of physics would change from one side of the world to the other.

"Parallel Dimensions...."

Had Eldred Salazar figured it out? Had they traveled between worlds before? But what was that book be doing in a school library? And who the heck put it there?

Well, wherever they were, Lilli was a long way from home. And far as they knew, they might not ever find a way back.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 11:58 am

(Whoops! I'm just as clumsy as Laura herself. :oops: Sorry it took me so long, someting happened..)

Laura whirled around. "What was that? I thought I was the only one that could scream that loud!" She realized that Mike was a little farther ahead of her and ran up to them. The technology in this world was prety advanced, but not that advanced. "Whats that thing? It looks fancy."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 1:49 pm

Lilli paused. They heard an echo up one of the alleyways.

They listened closer.
Was that... voices?

Ohh, my gods. Lilli's face went pale. Did... did somebody hear them?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 2:17 pm

Mike holds up his robotic left arm and points to it. "What, this thing?" He smiles a bit. "I lost this arm in the crash of an experimental plane designed to test a new concept for an aircraft. Well... A spacecraft really, but it's one capable of atmospheric flight. Ever since that I have been experimenting with prosthetic arms that are now becoming a lot like the real thing and come with a bunch of tools. My current one has a computer, a bunch of sensors, a bunch of tools, and the ability to interface with the rest of my implants."

Sam: "Mike, I just finished analyzing the gravitometer data and the other wormhole seems to have been generated in a different way then ours."
Mike: "How do you figure?"
Sam: "The small gravitational waves it generated suggest a very efficient wormhole creation process, possibly utilizing the energy of an existing energy field rather then generating it like we do. I don't know how this would be done, but in theory it's possible."

"Well, this just keeps getting crazier." says Mike as they enter the red area on the map.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 2:56 pm

Lilli stopped breathing.

Shoot, they're getting closer.

Quickly, they snapped their fingers and disappeared, materialising behind a dumpster about ten feet away. They wouldn't call it "magic," but it did have a certain... magical quality to it.

They squatted down low, breathing slow and silent.

Okay, stay down low... They'll be gone soon...

Perhaps they were being a bit paranoid, but they didn't want to take any chances.

Last edited by Lillikoi on 26 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 3:25 pm

"A new spacecraft? Wow. That must've been scary." Judging by how snobby and quiet most of the other people in the city were, and how energetic Laura was, she looked a little off in comparison.

"Hey, I see something.." She said, running towards the strange thing, but keeping a fair distance from it. The wind was blowing furiously, and her pigtails were going everywhere, she almost lost her hat.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 4:13 pm

Jeez, it was awfully windy out. Lilli hugged their backpack closer.

It reminded them of a time, when they had met Teach. It was a stormy day like this, a few days after their graduation.

They'd never met people like that, who were so... interesting and... similar to themself. Teach was a strange guy, but-- there was something familiar about that strangeness.

That was several months ago.
They had just recently turned sixteen and they were finally starting to feel good in life.

But, hey. Nothing good lasts forever, does it?

The voices brought Lilli back to reality. They were reaaally close now, like maybe a few meters away.

They scooted further back, further into a sharp piece of--

"Frick!"

...Welp, so much for stealth.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 4:22 pm

"Oh my Arceus. Are you alright? Laura knelt down, looking at them. Laura's fifteenth birthday was a few weeks ago, and for some strange reason, they looked like one of her friends turned into a girl. "Calem? Calem, are you alright?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 4:46 pm

Mike runs after Laura. "Do you know this person?" He folds out his scanner and scans Lilli. "That's odd, she's human and all but there are a few abnormalities that I can't make sense of. This alternate Earth is just full of surprises."

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 5:23 pm

People! Oh, jeez, right up in their face--

Lilli backed up.
"Whoa, whoa, I get I'm cool and all but you don't have to crowd me like the freakin' paparazzi--"

They turned to the girl, who looked about their age.

"Okay, hon, I'm okay, but I'm not who you're looking for. Name's Lilli. Lillikoi Sato."

"And you, sir!" They said, standing up to face the man. (Jeez, these people were way taller than them.) "...You say somethin' about alternate dimensions?"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 5:48 pm

Why did I have to mention that I'm a dimension traveler again, if someone steals my wormhole containment device then I'm stuck here. I can't go around telling every man and his dog that I have a portal to another universe, I have to be more careful next time. I'm not used to being in universes with inhabitants, let alone ones that I can communicate with. "Uhh... Yeah. I am not from here and I recently traveled to this universe. I recently picked up some strange readings from this location of another wormhole opening, do you happen to know anything about that? A large hole through space large enough to fit a person through, hard to miss it."

Mike displays a graph of the gravitometer data on the display of his robotic arm as he stows the scanner and it is replaced by a white mechanical hand.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 6:47 pm

"Actually..." Lilli sighed. "And this is gonna sound ridiculous, but.... I kind of summoned it by accident. "

They ran their fingers through their hair. "So I may or may not have found a magical tome and read a spell which summoned me here?

... Err... it's kind of a long story. Do you mind if I elaborate?"