Page 1 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 252  Next

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 10:43 pm

A large and beautiful city was revealed on Mike's arm, with a large tower in the center.

Meanwhile, with Laura..

"Clemont.. Please hurry up.." She mumbled. She noticed Clemmont's robot, Clembot, standing in a corner, switched off. She didn't want to to take the liberty of turning him on, so she just left him there. She heard footsteps in the walkway. The blonde haired blue eyed inventor was sure a sight for sore eyes! "Haha Clemmont I've got so much to tell you!" She said, running up to hug him. He was wondering what the big deal was all about, why was she waiting for him? "So I was flying home on Sora, and I saw this guy.. He had a labcoat and a robot arm, and, and a pet robot! He came through a wormhole thing, and I was so scared! I was wanting to ask if you knew anything about it."

Clemmont laughed. "Relax laura. Wormholes are scientifically impossible, and I can assure you that you were just seeing things. " he said, pushing his glasses up. "Ugh. Sora saw it too!" Laura continued to freak out and Clemmont tried to comfort her.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 12:01 am

As Mike walks toward the city the Sun begins to set, putting an orange backdrop on the city. While admiring the view he is startled by a sound behind him and sees what he thought was a plant pop up out of the ground and walk toward him which looked a lot like a radish but with feet and a face. What kind of bizarre world is this? He takes out his handheld particle cannon and stows the scanner on his robotic arm so that he can grip it with both hands in case he had to use it, as it's recoil is quite strong. He powers on the weapon and it begins charging up for a few seconds creating a barely audible high pitched sound for a few seconds until the red "ready" light on the back of the small pistol turns on.

"Sam, what can you tell me about this thing?" Sam scans the creature and says "These readings are confusing, this... Uhh... Animal..? has a lot of plant like properties too. It has a central nervous system, senses, and it can move around like an animal but it also appears to do photosynthesis and it can absorb nutrients from the soil. It's not like anything I have ever seen.".

Mike: "Is it dangerous?"
Sam: "Not very form the looks of it, and unless you threatened it I don't see why it would attack you anyway as it's not a predator."

Mike powers down his weapon and puts it back. "Good, well let's carry on. I want to see that city up close." The creature walks away and Mike continues toward the city.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 9:18 am

"The Complete Works of Eldred Salazar"

Lilli examined the book curiously.
"Yo, guys, I found a rather pertinent-looking thing!"

Curiously Lilly opened the book.
It was incredibly long, chapters upon chapters of info. She couldn't read much of it, but this guy clearly was a genius.

Suddenly she stumbled upon a page.

"Egress... and ingress...? Parallel... Dimensions." It looked like some kind of spell book.
Quietly, as she was reading, she began mumbling the spell, too absorbed in her thoughts to notice.

Then it all happened too fast. A light appeared, a force, a hole, a flash of purple-

"NOSHISHI!"

He stumbled in the doorway. "I'll go get the sensei!"

Her grip on the stool was slipping, getting further sucked into the void.

"N-noshishi, HURRY!"

Geez, how long were they gonna take? She swore, that Teach was slow sometimes.

"Ohh, no. Lilli?"

The voices were coming closer.

"G-guys? Teach?! Help, I -I can't hold on much--"

And then the portal disappeared.

(ooc) My character goes by THEY, but here I referred to them as 'she' to avoid confusion.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 11:18 am

"Now let's see if I can find him... Her horrible roller skating skills were evident, as she tripped over the Oddish that they were looking at. "Ah! Its you! Wooow! You are real! Your robot is so cute! Or are you a pokemon? Hahha!♪" she laughed while hugging the robot. She soon released the horrified robot to pet the Oddish. Even though she only had six pokemon, she was still friends with all the wild pokemon living in the city. This Oddish specifically, was named Oddy even though it was just wild.

Meanwhile with Lilly..

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 3:26 pm

"Where... am I?"
They were in a plaza of some sort, surrounded by rather ornate-looking buildings. In the center was a rather large-looking obelisk, which looked really fun to climb, but they decided against it. In the distance they could see a huge tower glinting in the daylight, which seemed to be in the center of the city. Wonder what's in there?

From the alleyways the scents of coffee and fresh bread drifted down, tempting Lillikoi's stomach to grumble.
Ugh, why didn't they eat breakfast....?

Suddenly a little blue monster hopped up, snapping Lilli out of their thoughts. "WAAAH!" they screamed. "Oh. Heh, jeez, thought you were a mugger or something." Smiling, they crouched down to the creature's level.
"What's your name, little bud?" "Odd!" it squeaked. "Odd..." (Weird name...) "Well I'm Lillikoi! Pleased to meetcha!"

Suddenly a rather disconcerting sound came from Lilli's stomach. Oy.
Gll-ul-wuuul=gl-ullll.
"Uhh, say, my friend..." they said, turning to "Odd," "...would you.. happen to know a place I could eat?"
It pondered a second... and then bobbed its head as if to nod. "Odd odd!"

Well, this was a lucky day.
~~~~~~~~~~

Shoot. Lilli didn't have money. And the only thing they could get with that... was free ketchup. Which-- hey, don't get them wrong!-- was totally nice... just not food. The lady even offered to give them a spoon, which was incredibly nice of her, although still. Not food. They were sitting there, by the curb, just eatin' their... not-food all melancholy, when suddenly a really loud voice came from somewhere. Sounded like a girl-- who was really dang excited about something. And jeez, did her voice carry.

"... It's you!! Woooooow!"

They wondered what was going on.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm

"Wait, where's Oddy? EEEEEKK!! ! Oddy! Come back! A rather hyper looking girl hurriedly skated over, tripping in the center of the sidewalk. A random person just stepped on her back, since she tripped and was laying on the ground. "Arrrrgh... You get back here, you mumbo jumbo! Keeping in mind that they were speaking in french, Lilly diddnt get any of that. A boy with a blue jumpsiut and blonde hair and blue eyes ran after her.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 3:54 pm

When Sam was released he tried to re-stabilize his flight but he wasn't able to do it in time and bumped into Mike who fell over and Sam fell to the ground too. He then says "Oops, sorry Mike" and takes off again. Mike gets up and looks at Laura, comparing her to the scan data he gathered earlier. "Yep, there's no doubt about it. This is the same person we saw earlier."

Sam: "Unless I'm mistaken she was speaking English earlier."
Mike: "What?! How is that-"

Mike freezes in alarm as he notices the full Moon just rising over the horizon.

Mike: "Sam, look at the Moon."
Sam: "Yeah, it looks like a fairly normal atmosphereless body. A bit large as Moons go, but nothing too unusual. What about it?"
Mike: "It looks just like Earth's moon."
Sam: "No, Earth's moon has an atmosphere, oceans, and city lights."
Mike: "Your thinking of the Moon after the terraforming project was well under way, this is what it looked like before that. I should know, unlike you I was around before the start of the great Solar war. From the looks of it this is most likely an alternate Earth."

Mike notices that the people who greeted them are now gone. "Yeah, I think we scared them off again. We really need to stop doing that."

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 4:08 pm

"Heheh..." Laura grinned. She knew the weirdo ailen was probably curious about her, there was just something about him that screamed extraterrestrial. She called out Sora and had him fly her close beghind where Mike was standing. She painstakingly skated closer.. "Surprenez!" She shouted. She wasnt scared, heck, she took down Team Flare and never broke a sweat. "Hahah..." She smiled innocently at Mike. This girl was completely unpredictable!

(Surprenez is french for suprise, btw)

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 4:21 pm

Sam: "OK, scratch that. She is speaking French."
Mike: "OK then how do you say 'hi' in French?"
Sam: "Salut"
Mike waves at her and says "Uhh... Salut."

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 4:29 pm

"Est-ce que je te fais peur ? Désolé si je le faisais . De toute façon, mon nom est Laura !" She said happily. "Hey diddnt je te vois avant ? She looked like a nice enough person.

(Did I scare you? Sorry if I did. Either way, my name's Laura!) (Hey diddnt I see you before?)

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 4:54 pm

Sam tells Mike the translation.

Mike: "Tell her that my name is Mike and that we did indeed meet before right after I exited the wormhole."
Sam: "Why don't you do it yourself? You have translation software and a neural interface implant."
Mike: "Good point, although it will take a while to get used to it."

After pushing a few buttons on the robotic arm's screen Mike says "Je suis Mike , je crois que vous êtes celui qui m'a vu plus tôt, quand je suis sorti du trou de ver . Je suis d'un autre univers et je suis ici d'explorer cet endroit . Avez- vous l'esprit de je vous poser quelques questions?" although he mispronounces a few things and it's a bit hard to understand.

(I am Mike, I believe you are the one who saw me earlier when I exited the wormhole. I'm from another universe and I am here exploring this place. Do you mind of I ask you a few questions?)

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 5:01 pm

"Non pas du tout!" She smiled. "qu'est-ce que ya veux savoir ?"

(Nope not at all! What do ya wanna know?) (g2g)

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 5:53 pm

Mike replies, his French sounding a bit better then before: "First of all, what planet are we on? It's Earth, right? Also, what's the deal with these crazy creatures you have?" He projects holograms of Oddish and Pidgeot above the screen on his arm and holds it out so Laura can see. "I have never seen anything like this and that's really saying something because I have explored a lot of universes. Oh, and feel free to ask a few questions yourself."

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 6:10 pm

Yup. Its Earth all right. The little creatures are called Pokemon. A lot of people play with them and some people pit them against each other, and have a battle. Thats what I do. Heck, despite how much of a ditz I look like, I'm actually the Champion of this region. Witch is Kalos by the way. And even though I'm the champ, people just say I'm a pest, and some even deny that Diantha lost that tournament." She pointed to an older lady, shown on the big screen on one of the buildings, and fiddled with her bracelet, with a strange symbol. As she talked, she was farther and farther from the crazy and hyper girl from before.

(Right, lets just assume that theyr talking in French and that Mike's arm is dooing all the translations. :) )

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 6:31 pm

Lilli breathed in, enjoying the peace of the city at night. At some point, Odd had rejoined them and they were laying on the grass, looking up at the stars.
"I used to do this a lot with my friends... y'know that?"

"Odd odd?"

"We used to look up at the stars and pretend they were sprinkles." Odd was looking up at the sky. "And the moon..." they said, pointing up with an arm. "The moon... was a giant hunk o' cheese."

Odd was silent.

"Okay... okay, yeah that's pretty stupid." they said with a laugh. "But you gotta understand!" They grinned. "We were really, really, goddamn hungry!" Lilli threw their arms out to emphasize the point.

"Uh... say bud," Lilly said, turning to face Odd. "You've been a big help today.

..Would you... mind taggin' along with me?"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 7:22 pm

"Pokemon, huh? Interesting. Where I'm from technology is much more advanced then it appears to be here, space travel is commonplace, and there is a massive interplanetary colonization war going on for resources in the Solar System. That's it in a nutshell anyway."

Sam interrupts "Uhh, Mike? You might want to see this."
Mike: "What is it? Can it wait?"
Sam: "Well, depends. I was just going through some sensor data and a few hours ago I picked up a strange space-time disturbance."
Mike: "What kind of disturbance?"
Sam: "The readings are consistent with a wormhole being opened a few miles west of us in the city."
Mike: "Another wormhole?!"
Sam: "I don't know what else it could be."
Mike: "Laura, if you don't mind let's walk while we talk because I want to check this out."

(They are still speaking French, so Laura will understand all of that)

Deviant Art