Page 237 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 252  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 6:45 pm

The first being shivered, as if vibrating into two different places at once, and suddenly looked identical to Ki--but in a blurry, unfocused way. To say that it dipped into the 'uncanny valley effect' would be a great understatement. Apparently it decided that it wanted to look more unique, and so it turned to the second being, a sense of perfect synchronicity occurring, as if the beings were learning about the Pokemon world very rapidly indeed. The first being then assumed an almost completely humanoid form, that of a small, vaguely defined child, but kept the wings and golden aura. The second being followed suit, assuming the form of a nebulously aged person somewhat along the lines of a 'young wizard' archetype. Both of them were naked, [but had no...um...parts...]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:16 pm

“Holy Smokes!”, Dan exclaimed at the beings, who turned themselves into human-like beings. Dan covered his eyes when the beings were stark naked, though not having any certain 'parts'.

“Sorry about my cousin,” Rose said to the beings, even though she's a tad embarrassed herself. “My name is Rose, and this is Dan. He can be quite sensitive at times.”

Then Rose said, “Though I do have to agree that this not the best place to be out here in a birthday suit. Other people might see you!”

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:28 pm

The second being stood protectively over the first, and both looked equally confused by Dan's gesture. The first being's wings seemed to 'bleed' through the wall, as if the wall wasn't even there, and the floor beneath it wavered in a barely perceptible way, as if reality was having second thoughts at letting them into the Pokemon world. The first being made the B flat sound again, which finally translated itself not into words or thoughts, but feelings--in this instance, joyful excitement from the first being and guarded wariness from the second being.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:34 pm

When Ki saw the first being turn into them, Ki blinked. "W-whoa. What the hell."

When they saw the beings shift again, Ki gasped, a curious expression beginning to form. "Are you... can you change into anything like that? How do you do it?" They looked starry-eyed at the first being, looking up at her. "Would you mind if I sketched you?"

They turned to Mike with a perplexed expression. "...What kind of being do you think it is? It seems like they're trying to learn about us."

Last edited by Lillikoi on 11 Jul 2017, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:41 pm

Mars stares at the morphing creatures in confusion and says "Yeah, my money is still on it being some kind of bizarre hologram." Mike replies "I doubt it, holograms can't block light and can't ever appear black, at least the ones from my world. In any case you better apologize just in case I'm right." Mars somewhat hesitantly looks at the creature he shot and says "Uhh... I'm sorry for shooting you in the... whatever... I guess. Are you hurt?"

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:45 pm

Upon being ignored again by everybody, Lilli looked away. “That’s fine. I don’t care. Suit yourself.” they said quietly.

As they turned around, there was wetness welling in their eyes. “Y—you really don’t care, do you.”

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:47 pm

"Uggh, more nudists? Sorry, but I gotta look away. For Laura's sake." He turned his back towards them and ran a hand through his hair. "Though I would kinda like to know why in the name of Hatsune they made the decision to do that..."

Snapped out of her gaze, Laura smiled lightly at his attempts to ignore his natural feelings to stay loyal to her.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:52 pm

Maybe they are not used to clothing?It suggested to Calem. It then noticed Lilli's sadness and quietly went over to her, giving her a little hug.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:08 pm

"I know, but it feels kind of agonizing to not be able to look at them without getting a few feelings that I don't want." he explained.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:10 pm

Quote:
That...that is very confusing. Could you say that again in an easier way?
It asked politely.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:15 pm

"I... I'm not explaining it here. Or in front of Laura, because she's pretty innocent as well..." he trailed off, mentally smacking himself.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:23 pm

Guinan was watching with quiet interest. "So many travelers here," she commented to Mike. "And we all seem to have different reasons for ending up here. I'm starting to think that even you, as a scientist, won't be able to figure it out."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm

The first being wrapped its wings around itself, almost like a cloak, and turned to the second being as if saying "Look at me! I feel so peculiar!"

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:33 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
Mars stares at the morphing creatures in confusion and says "Yeah, my money is still on it being some kind of bizarre hologram." Mike replies "I doubt it, holograms can't block light and can't ever appear black, at least the ones from my world."
Ki squinted. "I don't know. They're probably beings made out of energy, or amorphous creatures that have no true forms, or something weird like that that sounds like it came from a fantasy novel."

Their eyebrows creased together as they looked over at Mike. "...Actually, they might be like, weird blob-like creatures that can morph into other things. Remember those slimes we saw earlier? Maybe that's their default appearance. Kind of like a more magical Ditto."

They looked at the one which had transformed into Ki earlier. "...And they can mimic people."

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Maybe they are not used to clothing?It suggested to Calem. It then noticed Lilli's sadness and quietly went over to her, giving her a little hug.
Ki grinned and gave a thumbs up. "I, for one, do not mind at all. I think you look fine."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:35 pm

When the creature wrapped her arms around Lilli from behind, Lilli blinked. They seemed surprised. They smiled at the creature at first, but they also winced. "P-please let go of me. I don't like being touched so suddenly."

They looked directly at Laura, and then they looked around at everybody. "I asked you guys ten minutes ago to come into the kitchen. It was supposed to be a surprise." They frowned. Their tone was hurt, but almost accusatory. "D-did you not hear me, or were you just ignoring me?"

Last edited by Lillikoi on 11 Jul 2017, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

"A-Alright. thank you..." Calem smiled weakly.

"Huh??? Shoot, shoot shoot, I was just distracted, and no I didn't hear you, and no I wasn't ignoring you!" Laura paniked, charging into the kitchen and grabbing Lilli by the wrist. "again, sorry about that!" She said frantically.