Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2016, 4:22 am

For family they treat me like a kid they've always have because I've always been behind but they'll never say I am behind and expect me to 'act normal' needless to say I haven't spoken with them in half a decade.

For lovers they are in denial about me. I look and sound so normal they can't accept some poor autistic guy was able to bed then and "fool them"

jaybird621
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2016, 10:12 pm

xile123 wrote:
All of my family members treat me like a child but at the same time expect me to behave like an adult. Typical dumb normie behavior. There's no point in trying to understand their irrational behaviors and stupidity.

true my family does this also a lot and it frustrates me so much.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2016, 8:17 am

It is annoying for someone to assume that because one is autistic they shod be treated like a toddler. I'm moderately autistic (is that a thing?) and frequently experience this, especially if I'm hardcore stimming (rocking back and forth, running fingers along an object I like with a toy in my mouth). They forget that like other adults, I too have adult interests like history and architecture.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2016, 2:13 pm

My husband treats me like a child. He tells me off if I swear. I like swearing as I find it cathartic. I feel as though I'm living with a headmaster. It's impossible to have a married relationship when feeling this way.

He also corrects me if I do things wrong as I can be clumsy and my manual dexterity isn't great.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell