Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2010, 3:05 am

so a couple months back, my former best friend was over at my house when my parents werent home, so we were alone. he walked into my parents bedroom and then locked the door on me and i asked him what the hell he was doing and he said he was taking a ****. i didnt think much of it until i was at his house later and saw a coin with my mom's maiden name on it and her family crest. i told my mom about it and she checked her room and all of her stuff was stolen, including her wedding ring, jewelry and watches. my former friend denies it but he is a psychopath and a monster. the sad thing is he stole from all my other friends as well and pawned the stuff off to keep money for himself. we all trusted him too which is what makes it sad. and i am trying to get my mom to press charges on him but she is scared because of his large size (6'8" and 300 pounds) and because he tricked me into pawning stolen things for him. does my mom have good reason to fear? or should she go and file the charges, considering that what he stole is worth alot of money

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 4:15 am

Your mother is being illogical in thinking his size makes him more dangerous than a man of average size, or even less than average size. It does not take a "giant" to kill a "mouse" so to speak.

He could be just as dangerous if he were small.

How dangerous he is depends on factors that cannot be determined here. You might consider inquiry about filing a police report and declining to press charges, just so they have it on file that he may be a person to watch out for.

If he has pawned items in the past he may try to pawn them again. You can alert local pawn shops that he may be trying to pawn stolen property and ask them to be on the lookout for the items that were stolen.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 10:26 am

If you have unwittingly in the past helped him commit a crime (by taking something to the pawn shop) then I would strongly advise you to seek professional legal advice. I would suggest that you should lawyer up now ! Bear in mind that in the US (US citizens correct me if I am wrong) that anything you say to your lawyer, catholic priest or doctor is protected by a client (lawyer/clergyman/doctor) privilege so you can talk freely to the lawyer in a private place. Be careful to tell the layer if you have AS, this may make part of the case.

If the police start to investigate him then he might try to pull you down with him by claiming that you were involved.

If the cops do come and arrest you then my advice is to shut your mouth up, ask for a lawyer and then shut your mouth up. Other than your name, and address simply ask for a lawyer or a doctor if you are ill.

If the cops try to question you after you have asked for a lawyer then just tell them your name, rank and number. If they ask anything else either say "No comment" or "I am unable to answer the question". I know that this is part of the 1950s training for members of the UK armed services on what do if captured. Also if the police are holding you do not sign anything without consulting with a lawyer.

Also do not tell them you have AS, you might want to tell them that you have concerns about your personal safety in jail so ask to be kept out of the general population. If they ask why say that "I have an unseen disability, I would rather not discuss the nature of it with anyone other a lawyer or with a medical doctor".

You should check to see if a police or prison medical doctor is subject to the same doctor / client rules as a normal doctor. Do it now while you have time to do it.

Good luck

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2010, 2:56 am

Ya I would maybe survive ok in the general population but i would try not to risk it. And the thing is we cant really prove that he did it but he did. And the police have tons of reports on him cuz he used to bully and still does bully small children and he has been caught stealing cars before so believe me the cops have records. He stole 40 cars and was only given 45 hours community service and 1 year probation and no driving for a year because the cars belonged to illegal immigrants. He behaved so well that his probation officers released him early. Now that i ended the friendship he will get very pissed. He has assaulted 2 of my other friends before because they stopped talking to him after he stole from them, so he may do the same to me. His license is currently suspended till his 18th birthday, which is on september 13, so he has no way to get around for now so i am safe until then. His parents are plannin on kickin him out when he turns 18, so will he be even more dangerous when he becomes homeless?